#2 - Please Take a Glow Stick

(A/N): I had a party last Friday and I really didn't enjoyed it so, I stayed on a corner and wrote this. I edited it all night yesterday and today it's here for you! Also, I took the idea by some post in Instagram I saw. Just a small disclaimer. Anyway, enjoy, my loves!

~.~.~.~.~.~

One-Shot #2 - Please Take a Glow Stick

My friends were party animals. 24/7 they had a party to attend to. Guess who was always dragged along? Yes; me. But because of that I had some kind of experience. It was the same thing every time. Sit in a corner, don't drink anything that looked suspicious and last but the most important: Don't put the spotlight on you.

Those were my rules, and they seemed to work pretty well. Tonight, it'll be the same thing. Or at least that's what I thought.

I was in the backseat as one of my friends drove in the front while I had 2 other next to me. Didn't took long until we arrived there. It was a house. A big one. I sighed and got out of the car after every one was out. By the way, I'm always the last one to make a move. That's why I'm used to being the last. Don't worry, thought. I don't complain. My heels clicked on the floor as i walked in the chaotic place.

As expected, there were tons of people dancing. Backlights and all kind of glow-in-the-dark things around. Paint, clothes, make up, even drinks.

I was about to walk to the nearest corner when something else caught my attention. There was a table with glow sticks in it but they were separated into three containers.

One container was full of turquoise glow sticks and the container they were in was labeled with a sign that said:

Single.

Another container had only red ones that said:

Taken.

Lastly, there was one full of green ones that read:

It's complicated.

I've never really seen something like this in parties so... Why not give it a try? I have never had problems with relationships, I'm not taken which leaves me with... The "single's" stick. I grabbed the turquoise-glowing tube and looked ahead of me. A huge crowd awaited me. People had mostly picked the turquoise stick. A couple were red and one or two were green. Tonight, it's going to be different. I promise.

'You know what?'

'Fuck it.' I thought, determined to make this party mean something to me.

Without thinking it twice, I mixed within the group of people while gripping tightly on my glow stick. It has to be of some help at some point. Everyone around me danced while I stood still; until a hand touched my back. I turned around to see my best friend, Natalie. She nudged my arm as she danced, signaling me to do the same thing. I just stood there in shock. I've never done this before and I probably sucked at it as well.

Before I could even say a thing, she looked over my shoulder and waved her hand as if she was calling someone over where she was. She looked down at me and gave me a wink and disappearing in the dancing crowd.

My thoughts were interrupted once again when I felt two hands wrap around my waist. I jumped in surprise and, literally, flew around to see the person touching me. I turn to see a handsome, young man standing there. By the way he looked, he wasn't drunk and his smile told me he just wanted to have fun. It's like I could almost trust him immediately. I think I know him from somewhere. College? Back in Cincinnati? I have no clue.

Then I notice his features and... Damn. This guys has to be taken. His brown eyes staring back at mine, black and red hair above his head. He wore a black and red flannel with the sleeves rolled up, showing how strong he was, while I wore a black thigh-length skirt and a bright neon-pink crop top that showed my thin legs and arms and a bit of my waist. I always dressed up to these parties even though I never did anything, I guess I just like to do it.

Now that I watch him closer, he was actually pretty fit. Short, but fit. I don't complain about his height, I'm small myself.

The song that went on next was my salvation. It was a slow, ball room song. The only thing I know how to dance perfectly.

"Everybody grab a partner cause it's slow dancing time!" The guy, who I supposed was the host, said as I glanced at him. I smiled softly knowing I was probably going to be alone, but when I turned my head back to the guy from earlier he was extending his hand for me to take it as he bowed jokingly which I giggled at.

This is where I notice something. He was wearing a bracelet the same color as mine.

Turquoise.

A grin forms on my face as I take his hand to accept his offer. Couples were starting to form around us and we joined. Now that I was more settled to this environment, my hands rested on his shoulders and his on my waist.

Something in this man is different from the rest. Something is making me shut my mouth instead of screaming for help. I just met this guy and I'm letting him do this? I mean, it's not like he's doing anything inappropriate so... Everything's okay, right?

We started swaying from side to side at the rhythm of the music. At some point, the song was so calm that he pulled me to his chest and wrapped his arms around me and my head in his chest, listening to his heartbeat. It was very comforting. How come this guys was single? It's impossible!

"What's your name?" He asked with a naturally deep voice that pulled me out of my thoughts. We still swayed and danced as we talked.

"(Y/n)." I replied almost in a whisper. I was too relaxed to put some effort into my vocal chords.

"Beautiful name. I'm Mark. Nice to meet you." He spoke. I nodded softly as my eyes fluttered closed.

"I don't go to a lot of parties, so I'm sorry if I'm doing badly." He excused himself.

"Don't worry about it. I'm not a party person myself either. I don't know if I'm doing this right either." I told with a bit more of strength.

We stood silent for some time. Not an awkward silence; a comfortable one. Until he leaned down to my ear.

"I see your bracelet is turquoise, too. How can suck a beautiful lady be single? Hm." He whispered. I blushed and smiled, shrugging.

"I should be the one asking that to you." I said and he chuckled.

He rubbed my back soothingly and I sighed deeply but happily. He was definitely the guy from my bio-engineering class. I think he dropped off on the second semester of our third year. I used to have a crush on him and... Still do. Surely.

"Wanna get out of here? Maybe go back to my place? It's already very late and I don't want you walking back home alone. Plus, it's not like we're complete strangers." He said with a smirk. Oh. He remembers me?

I shook my head. He actually remembered me? He? The Mark? Mark F... What was his last name? Damnit. It was something with a fish. Fish... Fischbach! Yea, that was it!

"Well, Mark Edward Fischbach, yes. I would like to go to your place tonight. It would be my pleasure." I said responding his smirk with one of my own.

"Off we go then." He stated and intertwined his fingers with mine and lightly pushed out way through the front door as we walked outside into the chilly streets to lead us to his house. This was going to be fun.

Hello there! I see you've read another of my imagines! Does that mean you like them? Am I doing good? Why don't you tell me in the comments below or with a favorite? Also, tell me if you want a part 2 of this one-shot. I have a couple of ideas; depends if you guys want some kind of smut or just a regular one-shot. I plan to do both in the future. Just tell me what do you want for now. ^-^ I'll see you all in my next imagine! Buh-Bye!

(I was re-reading this imagine again and...

What the fuck was I thinking? 😂)