Cancelled

Cancelled? It can't be cancelled. I thought to myself as I looked up at the flight board in the airport. Today was the day I was supposed to be flying to Perth, so I could spend my birthday with my boyfriend, Troye. He had gotten me the tickets as an early birthday present, and we were both extremely excited. It had been almost 4 months since we last saw each other, so we couldn't wait for this day. We'd both talked about nothing but it, both of us counting down the days on our calendars to the day where we'd finally see each other. But of course, luck was not on our side. The flight had been cancelled last minute. I sat down on one of the chairs in the waiting area, putting my head in my hands and trying not to let the tears escape my eyes. I looked up at the board again, hoping somehow I'd miss read. But no, there clear to see, were the words:
FLIGHT 195 TO PERTH – CANCELLED
I frowned, taking my phone out of my pocket and going onto my contacts before nervously pressing Troye's name.
"Hello?" His voice came from the other end of the phone.
"H-Hey Tro." I said sadly.
"What's wrong baby?" he asked, concern apparent in his voice.
"Y-You know how I was s-supposed to be coming there for m-my birthday?" I already felt the tears getting closer to escaping my eyes as I spoke and I blinked, trying to hold them back.
"Yeah..?" I could tell he was getting even more worried, his voice becoming more panicked.
"W-Well u-um, the flight i-it was um, c-cancelled..." I said, finally giving in and letting the tears roll down my cheeks, not caring who saw me.
"Aw baby don't cry, it's alright. We'll figure something out, it'll be okay." He cooed.
"N-No it w-won't be okay Tro. I-I was so e-excited to see you. T-The trip was t-the only thing keeping me going." I cried, forgetting about the people around me completely and allowing the tears to fall freely.
"It will be okay Connie, I'll think of something I promise. Now you go home and get some rest okay?" he said softly.
"O-Okay. I-I love you." I said, my voice barely above a whisper.
"I love you more." He chuckled. I took the phone away from my ear, hanging up before burying my face in my hands and crying. I sat and cried for a while, too upset to move anywhere. But eventually, I stood up, and walked back to my car, driving home and getting into my bed. Alone.

~Time skip to Connor's birthday~

My birthday had gone very slowly, and by three o'clock I wanted nothing more than to curl up into a ball and cry. People kept trying to comfort me, but I just wanted Troye. I was currently sat on my bed, staring aimlessly at my wall. A soft knock could be heard from my door, and I said a quiet "come in", my voice breaking slightly as I said it. My Mum came in, smiling sadly and sitting down on my bed.
"Hey love..." She frowned. "You okay?" She asked. I shrugged, looking down at my hands.
"I know you miss him lovely, but you'll see him soon I promise." She smiled softly, brushing my hair out of my face. I closed my eyes, refusing to cry on my birthday. She looked down, and I swear I saw her smile slightly.
"Y'know, there's still one more present left..." She said, a mischievous tone to her voice. "Troye do you want to come in?" She asked, turning to the door. Wait what? I looked at my door as a certain blue eyed boy walked into the room, a huge smile on his face.
"T-Troye?" I asked, tears already welling in my eyes.
"Hey Connie." He smiled. I jumped off my bed, running to him and jumping into his arms, wrapping my legs around his waist and wrapping my arms around his neck. Tears rolled down my cheeks, but they were happy tears.
"I-I missed you s-so much." I said as he set me down on the floor.
"I missed you too." He smiled, leaning down and kissing me. I kissed back, realising just how much I'd missed his kisses.
"Oh... one more surprise." He giggled, going into his pocket and taking out a little black box. I looked up at him, my eyes wide. He smiled widely, before getting down onto one knee, and opening the box, to reveal a silver ring, with a small diamond on the top of it that glistened in the sunlight coming through the window. I put my hands over my mouth in shock, tears rolling down my cheeks.
"Connie, I know we've had our ups and downs, and we haven't spent nearly enough time together. But, the other day, when you called me and said the flight was cancelled, it made me realise that, I simply can't live without you. So will you, Connor Joel Franta, do me the biggest honour, and become my husband?" He asked, tears of his own falling down his cheeks. I didn't have to think twice before I nodded, kneeling down and wrapping my arms around his neck and burying my face in his shoulder.
"D-Do you even have to ask?" I giggled.
"Is that a yes then?" He asked, a wide smile on his face.
"Of course you silly human." He laughed, taking the ring out of the box and putting it onto my finger. I smiled as I looked at it. I looked up at Troye, who, by this point, was crying just as much as I was.
"I love you Troye... So much." I said, burying my face in his shoulder.
"I love you more Connie."

So that was a lot longer than usual 😅
As always I hope you enjoyed and thank you lots and lots for reading
~SepticTronnor