Chapter 33: Well Played

"Why are you doing this? Can't believe he willingly asked you to move in with him. You sure you didn't force him? Still, it's a big step in any relationship. Are you guys even serious about each other? Do you even love him? Why won't he just get with you already? And why are these bags so damn heavy?" Zac continues to whine on like a little girl just as he'd been doing all morning, lugging my heavy bags after him. 

I made use of him and his usual uselessness by putting him in charge of heavy lifting whilst I continue to pack the very last of my things.

"You've been complaining all morning, give it a break already," I say as I quickly make work of the leftover food in the fridge.

I chomp down on an apple, lazily hanging back, tired of work. I watch on in amusement as Zac breaks out into a light sweat. Exhausted, he resorts to dragging my bags and boxes across the floor instead of picking them up. At this rate, he'll soon be kicking them down to the car.

He voices yet another complaint, one after the other, as he questions my packing abilities, "What the hell did you pack in these bags? Bowling balls?" He shakes his head to himself and makes a rude generalization, "You women and all your damn worthless possessions." He mutters distastefully under his breath, "It's like you're all in competition to see who can collect and own the most crap of the century ."

"Shut it, Zachary," I order bossily, taking advantage of him by manipulating him into unknowingly doing all the work.

"Where am I going to go?" he questions aloud. "He realizes we're a package deal, right?" he asks as he stops to take a breath. "We're practically family, I go where you go," he insists on his own, not bothering to hear my opinion on the matter.

"You could always move in with your girlfriend," I suggest as an idea, an idea that I know will petrify him to the core. I just want to see him squirm a little. Jay is hospitable enough to take in anyone who is struggling and homeless. He especially has a soft for Zac.

"Worst advice ever," Zac groans at what seems to be the only option. "Firstly, Mia isn't even my girlfriend. I don't date, remember? Secondly, she specifically told me that she doesn't want anything serious." He sighs wearily, "Considering that I already accidentally told her that I love her, which I don't, asking to move in with her might just come off as clingy and pathetic." He frowns, "I am not supposed to be the clingy one, Aqueela."

I swallow back my giggles at seeing him so conflicted and distressed over a relationship. The roles have been reversed. He's out of joint as this is all new to him. For the first time, he's the one over analyzing everything.

I draw my brows up in curiosity, choosing to rag on him for a sec' longer, "You sure you don't love this girl?"

"I'm sure, Aqueela!" he snaps at me, suddenly getting defensive.

Ooooooh, touchy!

I now see the enjoyment in teasing him - no wonder Jay does it all the time. Zac's reactions are priceless.

Annoyed and exasperated with me, he begins to busy himself and push the bags again. He needs the distraction.

"Just think, you could be Mr. Sullivan in, give or take, a few years," I joke in jest, chewing loudly on an energy bar. "Mr. Zachary Phoenix Sullivan," I conclude with a relaxed nod of my head.

He turns to glare at me before noticing my idle mood, "Why are you just standing there and not lifting a finger while I am over here, bent over in misery, strain, and suffering?!"

I contemplate on literally lifting my finger, just to annoy him further, but decide against it. Instead, I clap my hands in glee and squeal in delight, "Isn't this fun? Sibling bantering. We're having a good ol' fashion brother-sister fight."