Chapter 19: Making a Splash!

Chapter 19: Making a Splash!

I notice the unsuspecting victim, that being my mortal nemesis Grey, standing at the edge of the pool. He's currently feeling the water with his foot. Being the greatest person to ever exist, I take the liberty to do a run up before violently pushing him in, clothes and all without any warning whatsoever.

Splash!

I burst out laughing when he resurfaces, an outraged expression on his face, "Dammit, Lawson!" He shouts at me as he gets out the pool and charges, full sprint, my way. "I'm going to get you back for that! It's damn cold!" He warns me, trying to be intimidating and threatening. He's succeeding at doing so - I'm literally running for my life. I have definitely have a death wish...so it seems. He's just mad in the fact that I genuinely caught him completely off guard. Judging by his ruthless dark eyes, I honestly think I might actually die at his hand this time.

"Run Aqueela, run!" Max pulls a typical 'Forrest Gump'.

"I love you, Aqueela!" Sarah laughs in amusement from a distance, already in her pale green bikini, as she watches it all play out.

Unfortunately, Grey easily catches up and grabs a hold of me, swiftly wrapping his wet self around me as he easily lifts me up. I release a warrior shout, struggling against him as I try to escape his clutches, his talons, his claws of death. I don't want to be shoved in the pool when I'm still in my normal clothes. Who does that?

I glance up at him innocently from his arms, feigning the 'I didn't do anything wrong' card, "C'mon Grey, I thought we were best buds and all." I try to persuade him out of this act of evilness, but he ain't budging. I'm failing to convince him to leave me alone, to leave me be at peace. If anything, he wants to leave me in pieces.

"You thought wrong," he breathes out in irritation as he carries me toward the icy pool. He makes an attempt to throw me in but fails. I'm holding onto his waist so tightly that I'm practically suffocating him under my iron clasp. I refuse to let go. If I'm going in, so is he...again. "Lawson!" He breathes out in exasperation as he tries to undo my hold on him, "Let. Go." He orders through clenched teeth, his jaw tight in irritation. "Let go of me you psycho!" He growls, annoyed, before shouting out in aggravation and frustration, "How damn strong are you?!"

"It's called desperation!" I shout back as I cling to him tighter, refusing to take the plunge.

"Yeah, you reek of it," he cracks a joke, referring to me being so close to him. In our continuous and tedious turmoil and battle, I manage to briefly overpower him and hit him upside the head. "Owe!" He whines, "I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I can't stand you!" He repeats as I keep hitting him on the chest.

I grin and stop fighting him for a second to terrorize him some more, "You love me!" I tease, batting my eyelashes up at him in innocence as if I've done absolutely nothing wrong. "I light up your dark, bleak world!"

He reaches his breaking point and mercilessly tips me upside down. Without a second thought or a moment of hesitation, he rapidly throws me into the freezing cold pool as if I'm a bowling ball or something. 

Fortunately for me, I manage to angle myself and fall into the icy water safely, stunned in the fact that Grey didn't just want revenge, he wanted me dead.

I gracefully surface to Grey's satisfied, victorious smirk, "Payback is a b*tch."

Jay's quick on the scene, as always, already reaching his hand out to me as if to help me climb out. He turns to Grey with a reprimanding scowl, "You could have hurt her man." He actually scolds Grey, for me.