To Catch a Billionaire by Maddie James

by Maddie James

Now available everywhere for $2.99

Book Description

All Blaire Kincaid wants is to make her father proud. So far her track record isn't so great. That's why she takes the case from Reva MacGlenary, one of the most influential women this side of Montpelier. The advance she gave her would go a long way in getting her new private investigator business up and going. So using her newly polished P.I. skillset, Blaire heads out to find the long missing heir of multi-billionaire Maximillian MacGlenary.

But Darian MacGlenary doesn't want to be found. And when he sees her traipsing up his Appalachian hollow, he wonders what a girl like her is doing in his neck of the woods. The burly and bearded mountain man has tucked himself far into the backwoods on purpose-he doesn't want to be found.

But when a chilled Blaire arrives along with an early winter snowstorm that holds them captive, things heat up. Darian battles not only the ghosts of his past looming large in the small cabin but also the woman who haunts every hot and bothered night they spend together within its four walls.

Read the Prologue and Chapter One

Reva MacGlenary jumped to her feet, the folds neatly falling from her Chanel suit skirt as she rose. Gucci-clad heels clicked across the oak parquet floor of the family library until she stood square in front of Martin Matthews, her father's attorney. Ironically, he sat at her father's desk as he delivered the news.

Long, cultivated fingers, adorned with sparkling diamonds and gold, were gently placed by their manicured fingertips on the glass overlay. She leaned her upper body into the space over it and glared into Martin's eyes.

Her father. Her father! How could the senile old coot have done such a thing? To her! His only living, breathing heir?

"Read it. Again." She bit at the words with a potency she'd acquired in her fifty-some odd years of living as the patriarch's daughter.

Martin did.

She had heard him correctly. Her world was spinning.

Billions were at stake. Billions! Her entire lifestyle was on the line!

Reva fumed, then leaned closer into the attorney's space. A long moment of silence followed as each family member, waiting to hear the continuation of the reading of the will, dared utter a syllable, or move a fraction of an inch in their chairs. Reva was in charge.

"Find him." The words shot from her mouth. "Find that black sheep nephew of mine-and do it quickly." She'd thought him long dead. And thought her father had forgotten all about him. After all, it had been years since anyone had seen Darian.

She straightened her posture with ram-rod precision, turned to walk away, and then paused, thinking. Running an elegant hand against her perfectly coifed hair, she spun back to face Martin. "Never mind. You'll muck that up too. I'll find the bastard myself."

Chapter One

From his perch high on the ridge behind his cabin, Darian MacGlenary watched with the keen vision of a hawk. Nestled among tree branches, he crouched on the deer stand, scouting out the deer he wanted to bag before breakfast the next morning. He'd sat there, solid as a statue, in the same spot every morning for weeks, tracking just the right deer-the one that would provide him a good bit of food come winter.

He knew the herd's trail and routine better than he knew the time of day, for he'd repeated this routine every fall for the past four years. He was a crack shot, coming from years of hunting to provide his own food. He knew just exactly the buck he wanted, and he knew he'd have him come morning.