【 Ice Skating 】

Author's POV
-------------------- ♡
Unedited

You watched as all 5 of your Vocaloid friends + Kyou walked into the ice skating rink.

You slowly dragged behind them, a bit scared.

But to your disappointment, you lagging behind only lasted a few short seconds before kaito happily went behind you and pushed you in front of the crowd and through the doors of the skating rink.

"Hey (Y/N), what's your shoe size? I'm going to grab everyone's shoes, so.." Kyou asked, taking out his wallet to pay for the shoe rental.

"No, Kyou it's okay. I'll buy my own shoes.." You said, taking out your colorful wallet that was covered in stickers and walking towards the shoe rental guy.

"It's fine, I don't mind doing this at all." He placed a hand onto your shoulder and gave you a soft, warm smile.

"Alright, fine.." You sighed, telling him your shoe size. "It's (Shoe Size).."

Kyou nodded, taking his hand off of your shoulder and walking over to the rental place, buying the rental ice skates.

You sat down at one of the tables that sat next to the window that viewed the ice rink, watching as people around your age skated around in circles, few slowly moving along the edge, and some dancing around.

Miku sat in the seat in front of you, snapping you out of your thoughts. "So, (Y/N). Have you ever had any other trips to a skating rink?"

"Um.." You looked to the side. "Not really." You shook your head, "Only when I was really young. My dad would take me, but we stopped when he couldn't handle it anymore."

You frowned, remembering what had happened. Even if your dad had gotten severely sick when you were in 8th grade, he would get small colds that seemed like nothing. Then it would turn into longer lasting things and he would get stuff like the flu more often then usual. Then it turned into something where he was bedridden and couldn't do much.

"I'm, sorry.." Miku frowned, "I didn't mean to bring up any bad memories."

"Don't mind, Don't mind.. It's okay." You chuckled weakly, giving her an obvious fake smile.

"Miku!" Kyou called out to the twintailed tealette, "I have your skates!"

"Thanks!" She stood up and ran over to him, taking the shoes and bowing slightly before running back and sitting down at the table with you, and starting to put them on.

"Thank you, Kyou." You smiled, taking your shoes from the light brunette's hands.

"Any time, (F/N)." Kyou smiled, handing out everyone else's shoes and then sitting down on the same bench as you, and putting on his own shoes.

Once you had put on your ice skates, you stood up and stretched your back, looking over at the skating rink and almost started jumping up and down like a child on Christmas.

Kyou growled, cursing under his breath as he struggled to tighten his shoes, "Ya'know what guys, go on without me. It'll take me ages to put these on."

You chuckled softly. "Kyou, it's not that hard."

"Says you!" He muttered, turning his head away from you and watching as the others just left the two of you there.