That Dream

"Where are we going?" I asked openly, to either of them to answer. 

"We are going home." Zack replied as a branch hit his face. 

Home? For all of my life, home has been my cell. On the table I had always wanted to go home, to my cell. Well that is not your home, Abby. You are on your way home right now. You have never been home in your whole life. You finally get to go home. 

I pondered on how, in my whole life, I have never been home. Well, that I remember at least. 

"Is this were you guys live?" I asked, trying to keep conversation going while, simultaneously, trying to learn more about my home-to-be. 

"Yes, it is where we were both born and raised. This is where we trained, and how we were able to save you." Cole replied this time, Zack was leading the way and was too far ahead to hear my question.

"So you are taking me to the people that helped rescue me?"

"Yes, that is what our mission was. Rescue and retrieve. We rescued you and retrieved important information. Now, our mission is almost complete."

"Well, what is it like? Where you are from?"

"You'll like it there, a lot of trees, a river, and if you go far enough you can even see the ocea-"

"Guys, lets stop up here by the stream, we can get some water and rest. I will take first watch." Zack said as he started filling up his canteen. Cole and I did the same. 

As soon as my head hit my makeshift pillow, pictures started in my head. I went straight into a river of dreams. 

The dreams felt real, like I was watching it happen in real life. It started out as me walking, in the woods, when someone grabbed me. I didn't know who it was, they covered my eyes with a bag and gagged me. Then, they put me over their shoulder and simply walked away. The deed had been done. And nobody knew I was missing. 

I woke up, gasping for air, waking from my nightmare. It all seemed so real... The dream kept replaying over and over in my mind. I lay down again, telling myself that it was only a dream. I couldn't help but wonder why I had that dream.

Cole walked over to me from behind a tree. "Is something wrong?" He asked me, sitting down on the ground beside me. He must have heard me. 

"No, why do you ask?"

"Well, it sounded like someone was having a nightmare..." He said, raising his right eyebrow. 

"Well, it must have been Zack." I looked over at him sound asleep, so did Cole.

"Mhmm." He knew I was lying, he's not that stupid. "What was it about?"

I felt defeated, and I made sure to show it. He chuckled, and made eye contact with me, expecting me to actually answer his last question. 

"Oh, um. It's really stupid now that I think of it." But it wasn't. It still freaked me out about how real it felt. I swear I could feel how cold it was, I could feel the wind, hear the the river, and feel myself being kidnapped. 

"Come on, tell me!" 

"Fine, I was being kidnapped."

"That wasn't all, right?" He could tell, that wasn't the part about the dream that was bothering me.

"Yes... Well.... No. It felt so real... I could feel the wind, and everything around me."

"Hmm. Well, maybe it's the fresh air. Doing something weird up here." He said pointing to his head.

"That must be it." I laughed, relieved that there was a reason to my madness. Well, there's no other sane and reasonable explanation. That has to be the answer. But no matter how many times I kept repeating that explanation, I doubted that was the answer to my dreams. I had a feeling that it was more complicated than that. And that the air didn't cause it.

-662 Words

A/N

Thanks for reading! A long chapter published before Sunday, as promised. Hope you like it so far! I am sorry for not publishing for a while before my previous chapter, life has been busy. Well, hope you enjoyed! Comment if you have any suggestions for what should happen next, maybe I can work it into the plot.

Thanks again for reading!

~anonymous1person1123