Mistaken Identity

I don't know how long I stood there just spacing out, watching as Justin walks off.

"Are you okay?" Sebastian's soft voice snaps me out of my trance. I couldn't manage a word out so I just nod my head.

He forced my body to turn and face him, looking straight into my eyes. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to loss my temper."

I nod my head understanding. I felt bad for Justin, but in a way he deserved it. "It's okay." I manage to say with a smile. He returns my smile, cupping my face in his hand and I felt as if I could melt in his touch.

"WHAT IS TAKING YOU SO LONG? I TOLD YOU TO GET INSIDE THE HOUSE BELLE! NOW!" My mom bursts out of the door, only to make a sudden stop. Sebastian's hand slowly slides away from my face and I face my mom with guilt.

"Mom calm down, I can explain." I say calmly.

"Oh god, Belle please tell me you didn't do what I think you did to Justin. I thought you were better than that!" she yells with clear disappointment in her voice. "You only met this guy a couple days ago! For all you know he could be some drug dealer in college!" she continues.

"What? No! Mom stop! Really he's --" I try to explain but she cuts me off.

"I don't want to hear it! Whether or not he is or isn't, he's in college and you're in high school!This? Whatever this is? Cannot happen!"

"Actually I'm --" Sebastian starts to say.

"I don't care! I don't want you anywhere near my daughter do you understand? Now get out before I call the cops!"

I was utterly speechless. I knew my mother, and she has never acted like this before. It isn't like her to overreact about things. She was usually calm and when there was a problem, she would solve it quietly and calmly. It's not like her at all to yell.

"Mom, can you just let me explain?" I frown. She sighs shaking her head. "I'm giving you five minutes to say goodbye, after that get yourself inside and never see this man ever again." She gives me a serious look before stepping back inside the house.

I turn my attention to Sebastian filled with embarrassment. "I'm so so so so sorry"

He surprises me by cupping my face, smiling down on me with those perfect pearly whites of his. "Isobelle it's okay. Don't be so mad at your mom, she's just protecting you. In fact I'm the one who should be mad, I mean she mistook me for a drug dealer of all things." He shrugs making me smile.

He presses his lips on mine surprising me again. The kiss was soft and yet aggressive. He ends the kiss gently making me yearn for more. "You're not going to stop seeing me right?" the worry and desperation in my voice was evident but I didn't care.

"Of course not. However, you're going to have to explain to your mother who I really am because we can't have her thinking you're dating a drug dealer now can we?" he smiles pressing his lips on me again. I pull away from the kiss as his words sunk in.

"Dating?" I couldn't help but smile as I ask. He shrugs. "You don't want to?" he asks jokingly. I shake my head smiling. "No it's just, you never asked me to be your--"

"One minute!" My mothers voice interrupts me and I close my eyes in frustration.

"You better go inside. Call me once you explain to her that I'm not dangerous." he winks as I step away from him smiling but he pulls me back "to you anyways" he whispers before kissing me. I bite my lips at his sentence as I walk inside the house and he walks towards his car.

I'm not sure where our relationship is going, but at least I knew we were in a relationship. So far, it's been pretty dramatic and as I look at my furious mom I know that it'll just get even more chaotic.

"Mom..." I start to say but she puts her finger up to stop me from speaking.

"I'm very disappointed in you Belle. I never thought you would do that to Justin! I thought --"

"Mom can you stop?! I didn't do anything! Justin was the one who cheated on me! He broke up with me! I didn't do anything!" I frown at her.

Her eyes widens shocked. "Wha...what do you mean? Why was he here then if you two broke up?"

"I don't know mom!" I groan frustrated just thinking about it.

"And what about this other guy you were holding hands with? You only met him a couple days ago, and while he seems nice and all, he's in college Belle! At least wait until you graduate!"

"He's not in college okay?! He's actually a --"

"Stop! I don't want to hear another word. If he's not in college, that's even worse! I will not have you dating some guy who you barely even know!"

Her words hit me and for the first time, I didn't even know the woman I call my mother anymore.

"I'm not trying to hurt you, or trying to control your love life. I'm just looking out for you." she adds.

I wanted to tell her that she was wrong. That, that was exactly what she was doing. But right now, I know that whatever I say won't get through to her so I just turn around and went upstairs.

My phone vibrates and I pick it up hoping it was Sebastian, but it wasn't. It was Claire.

"Hey" I say into the phone.

"I just saw Justin at the bar and grill, he was asking me about that Sebastian guy. He told me he caught you making out on your front porch with the same guy! I'm coming over, and you're going to explain what is going on!" Claire says and the phone goes dead.