Auditions

"All right, I can do this, I can do this." Marinette huffed and chanted under her breath. She clenched her sweaty fists nervously and took several deep breaths.
"C'mon! You've got it!" Ayla slapped Marinette on the back. "I mean, it's a natural role for you and all."
"What?!" Marinette jerked up straight. "Who do you mean-I mean what do you mean?- I mean-!"
"Relax, relax," Ayla scratched her head nervously. "I mean because you're so similar to ladybug, in looks, personality, and kindness. What did you think I meant?"
"Nothing, nothing." Marinette swallowed the huge lump in her throat.
"You're auditioning for the role of Ladybug for the school play." Ayla said. "Don't worry, you'll ace it."
Marinette looked at the painted banner above the doors that read: "Miraculous! The Play Auditions."
"Besides, your only competition is Chloé, and that's not any competition at all, is it." Ayla snickered.
Marinette smiled. "By, the way, congratulations for your role for Lady Wifi."
"Well, I mean," Ayla posed dramatically. "I'm a natural star, aren't I?"
Marinette laughed. "Ya, ya, I've been told."
"Marinette Dupin Cheng? Adrien Agreste? " A teacher called. "It's your turn."
"Wait, wait, I'm auditioning with... Adrien?!" Marinette panicked.
The person in question just walked around the corner. "Is there something wrong?" He asked worriedly.
"No, no," Marinette nervously shooked her head quickly. "Let's just get this over with quickly." She said under her breath, heading into the auditorium with a quick pace. Behind her, the teacher and Adrien exchanged faces before shrugging and following her into the room.
"Uh, testing, testing?" Marinette stood on the stage next to Adrien, tapping the mike. The microphone squealed, and the piercing shriek caused the teachers seated below to cover their ears.
"Ah shoot!" She fumbled with the mike before it finally stopped it's scream.
"All right," The teacher below coughed. "Marinette, please use the script for Ladybug, and Adrien, please use the Chat Noir script. On the floor, there are the masks for Ladybug and Chat Noir, please use them to get into character. Now begin."
Marinette and Adrien both looked down at the paper masks at their feet and donned them. Turning to Adrien, Marinette gasped at the likeness to Chat Noir. Apparently, Adrien was thinking about her too, as he said in a shocked voice, "Wow, you look a lot like Ladybug!"
"Alright, act 1 scene 1, action! Chat Noir and Ladybug are scouring the city, just after defeating The Bubbler."
Marinette cleared her throat. "Oh Chat Noir," Marinette looked at her lines strangely before continuing. "You were so brave and stunning, taking down The Bubbler down in one blow. Honestly, I'd be space right now if it weren't for you." Marinette furrowed her eyebrows. "Hey, wait a second." She put her hands in the "time-out" signal. "This is different then the lines we're given to practice."
"Sorry, there's been a change in plans." The teacher explained. She nodded toward the student next to her. "Lattí made up the new script."
"Yep!" She chirped. "The other one was so boring, this one has so much more romance and style!" She grinned behind her thick, swirly glassess.
"But, this doesn't really seem to.portray Chat Noir and Ladybug the way they are." Marinette argued.
"I have to agree." Adrien said, reading through his lines. "I'm pretty sure Chat Noir isn't a "'dark hero masqurading through the lonely nights.'"
"Well, you think you can do better?" Lattí pursed her lips.
"Well, the lines the class came up with seems a lot more reasonable, and planned out." Marinette said.
"Well-" Lattí was interrupted by the teacher. "Shh, let them try." She nodded towards the two. "Alright, act 1 scene 1, action!"
"The Bubbler was a tough one." Marinette sighed like she was out of breath. "Good thing Nino's Nino now."
"Ya, he's a friend of my counter- identy." Adrien said. "It's good he and everyone else is safe."
Marinette blinked at him, suprised. "No way, he's a friend of my other idenity too."
Adrien grinned. "See, I told you. You and I have alot of similarities and things in common. I'm telling you, soul mates."
"Oh back off you flirt." Marinette playfully pushed him off. "Uh-oh,my miraculous is running out."
"Same here." Adrien pointed towards his ring."
"Until another time, Chat?" Marinette asked.
"Of course, My Lady." He chuckled.
And then, of course, the music for the song played.
"Two-faced, all raced, aced everytime my hero does call." Marinette sang.
"Two faced, unbased, cased everytime my hero does call." Adrien sang.
"We're living the lives of heroes." She sang.
"Defeating everyone of our foes." Adrien sang.
"With the identities that no one knows." They sang together.
"Two faced, lips laced, can't speak of the time my hero does call." She sang this line much more softly.
"Two faced, times chased, can't speak of the time my hero does call." Adrien also mellowed his voice.
"Two faced, unfazed, want to know of the time my hero, does, call." They slowly symphonized the last verse of the song.
"Beautiful!" The teacher clapped her hands. "We'll definetely be using that script."
"Hey! But what about about my lines!" Lattí screeched.
"I'm sorry, Lattí. But I'm afraid the orginal script seems much better."
"BUT!"
"Not buts, Lattí, my word is absolutely final." She warned.
Lattí glared at the two on the stage. "This is all your guys fault! Take your stupid script, you all will never understand what true genius is!" And with that, Lattí ran out of the audioturioum.