Chapter 2

Lila nervously paced back and forth, hesitant to knock on his door. She wasn't planning on seeing him until tomorrow, she just wanted to spend the day with her parents. She couldn't ignore the urgency and sorrow in her mother's voice though.

She took a deep breath and knocked on the door, hoping he answered instead of his mate.

She loathed that woman, all she did was order others around and cheat on Lexus. She silently wished that werewolves still had their mates chosen instead of finding them. But that had ended centuries ago.

When the door swung open, she was stunned to see an extremely angry Lexus. She relaxed though, remembering that his mate was thrown in the dungeon. She opened her mouth to speak, but the words died on her tongue.

She slowly looked at his face to see his stare slightly soften. She took a shaky breath and clasped her hands together.

"I'll come back another time." She whispered.

Before she could leave, Lexus gently grabbed her arm and pulled her back. She turned and looked at him. He opened his mouth, but he closed it and stared at the ground.

"Are you okay?" Lila asked, concern growing in the pit of her stomach.

He looked back at her with pained eyes and shook his head. She furrowed her eyebrows, trying to figure out why he wasn't talking.

"Why aren't you talking?" She asked.

He ran his hand through his hair before opening his door wider. Lila slowly walked in, a little puzzled by his silence. He closed the door behind her before grabbing his phone and texting someone.

Lila picked up her phone to see a text, she frowned when she saw it was him. She read the text, her eyes widened as she looked at him.

"You can't....you can't talk..." she whispered.

Lexus nodded, he placed his phone down and smiled sadly at her. He then quickly picked it uo again, his thumbs gliding over the screen.

Lila opened his text and read it, she smiled at him with tears in her eyes.

"I missed you too." She whispered.

Lexus nervously looked around, his eyebrows furrowed as he noticed the mess in the kitchen.

Lila followed him as he scurried in there and started cleaning it. She joined him, glancing at him every few seconds. She chuckled at how adorable he was sometimes.

She missed this. Out of the eight years she had been gone, she missed seeing his face. She missed him.

Her mind drifted to that day, the day he told her he loved her. It had stuck with her through the years, replaying in her mind like a broken record. So many times she had wanted to text him, but was afraid to. When she got her new phone, she put him into her contacts, incase she got the confidence.

"Lexus?"

He stopped and looked at her, she released a breath and hugges him. She noticed how he immediately tensed up, but she didn't let go. He was hesitant to wrap his arms around her, but he did anyway.

The second he hugged her back, he tightened his arms and nuzzled his face into her neck.

Lila stroked his hair, tears pooling into her eyes. She remembered him saying he loved her and silently wished she could hear his voice again.

When they parted, he smiled shyly. Lila pursed her lips as she looked around the now clean kitchen. She wanted to ask him why he was silent, but something told her not to. Instead, she grinned and faced him.

"Want to watch a movie? Like the old times?" She asked.

She chuckled as his eyes lit up, he sprinted into the movie room and picked out a movie. She grinned and nodded.

"Transformers it is." She smiled.