Love Sick Melody (Black Veil Brides)

Start from the beginning

My mother passing away was a tragedy... for Diana. I really didn't care. She was a bitch who only payed attention to herself and her friends. And Diana was one of her high school friends who visited frequently. When mother died, she decided to open a bar.

I trudged my way down the stairs and to the basement on Diana's orders. The kerosene was heavy, but I was used to doing work like this.

There was a commotion going on upstairs, and the first thing I thought was please don't let it be another fight. Which I assume it was, because this place hardly had any customers. Sure we have regulars, but this was also a very small town.

And I stood corrected. As I made my way up, there wasn't broken glass, only laughter. The people who raided our bar didn't look like the usual customers. In fact, they were wearing all black. I had to be honest, I didn't like their look, but they did look familiar.

They all sat down at an empty table, just chattering.

I set the kerosene heater down looked over at Diana, who tilted her head and gestured for me to take their orders while she talked to the man from California. I nodded hesitantly, I never usually had to take orders, but when she was busy, I'd take over.

"What can I get you all?" I asked, notepad in hand.

I noticed that they were all guys, in makeup. And I thought it took me forever to put makeup on? Well, these people here had makeup covering practically their whole face. The lines that ran down their face was careful and precise, looking perfect.

They weren't that bad looking either. But they looked like five years older than me, give or take. Maybe in the beginning of there thirties. Somewhere like that.

One guy, who looked like he had black tears running down his eyes, asked them all what they wanted, and that he was buying.

They all ordered, and I wrote it down.

Before they left, the one with the black tears asked me, "Are you Jo?"

Perplexed, I answered. "Yes. How'd you know that?" He looked down at my apron, and I realized why. "Oh, right, my name tag." Then why did you ask in the first place?

I gave the sheet to Leanna, our cook. I enjoyed her company, considering that I didn't have that many friends around me. She smiled at me sweetly. I noticed that the music stopped playing, so I grabbed a quarter and looked at the song choices on the jukebox. Diana enjoyed it, and was not willing to give it up for something different, like a radio perhaps. I chose a song by The Doors.

I went up to the people who were covered in war paint and makeup and told them that there food will be ready in twenty minutes.

One nodded at me, and then said to his friends, "Awesome job tonight. The crowd loved us."

Curiously, I asked, "Are you guys in a band?" That would explain their outfits, I guess. Not that most bands dressed like them.

One of them with bright blue eyes and hair as long as mine nodded in return. "Yeah, we're called Black Veil Brides. Ever heard of us?" Black Veil Brides. I knew them. They must be really good because I know it's a popular group.

I nodded, "Yeah, a cousin of mine likes them. His name is Conrad."

"Well, we heard of him. He's a friend of ours. Told us to stop by here and check out how it's going while we were touring in Kansas. Looks like there are not a lot of events going on here. We just had a concert a the next city over, so we figured, why not."

"Nice place," one said.

"You talking about me?" I turned around to see Conrad. He looked the same as ever. Tall as ever too. He used to make fun of me for being so short, but seeing how I grew it bit more, I was now one head shorter.

Surprised, I yelled, "Your here!" and then I felt like an idiot for how loud I yelled. But he laughed and hugged me anyways. We were always close when we were little, but then he moved to California. Said he loved it there. We were still in touch, despite the distances.

"Yeah, I just went out to turn get the care keys." He changed the conversation. "Did you get blonder?" he asked curiously, which caused to hit him, but I still grinned anyways.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Well, Thanks to these guys," he gestured the band, "I get to go touring with them. Got a job to be looking some manager's assistant. It's as if I'm part of the band. California was the best thing that has ever happened to me."

"Glad to you hear that California is treating you good," I said putting my hands in pockets. A habit of mine, don't know why though. "Why don't you tell me who your friends are?" I suggested lightly, making conversations.

"I'll be happy to. You see, here, is Jake. He plays the guitar. Lead, right?" Jake, who Conrad had pointed out, nodded. "CC. His real name is Christian though. He plays drums. Jinxx. His real name is Jeremy. He plays the guitar. That is Ashley, the--" I cut him off.

"Ashley?" I swear he, she, whatever was a boy, despite the long hair.

Conrad understood. "He's still a boy, but I'm not sure if his parents knew that. But anyways, he plays bass."

Ashley, whose smile dropped, threw what seemed to be paper that was in his pocket, made into a ball. "Shut up." The rest of the band laughed.

"And last, Andy. He's the lead singer."

Andy cleared his throat. "So, there was also another reason we came here. Conrad here tells us that you didn't have exactly the best childhood ever, but always wanted to travel. And because of that, we want to know if you'd like to come on tour with us."

--å Lø√e SiçK Melø∂¥--

Do you like it? Or is it not worth it. I want Jo's life at home seem like... I don't know, rednecks? Just to let ya know :D So vote. It would mean a lot to me. I would cherish every vote.

Do I have to come after you?