One

I don't know where she is now. She was always the mysterious type. To not show or elaborate on her feelings. It was all too confusing, really. One minute she'd be here and the next she'd vanish. She's like air, you know she's there, but you just can't see her.

In all honesty, I don't know where I would be if she would've stayed. Maybe better, or maybe worst. Maybe I wouldn't be where I am now. Taking antidepressants and drinking every other night. Maybe I wouldn't be sleeping with random girls every night. Maybe I'd actually have a life and a job.

I remember her telling me, "All we've got is a precious knowledge of self-destruction." And who would've knew she was right? I for sure didn't. But I've grown to find out that slowly destroying yourself is quite easy, actually.

All you need is a heartbreak, a drink, and the drugs your suppose to take.

I looked over at the perfectly clean and framed picture on top of the fireplace. It was a picture of her and I. Her arm around me, holding me close. She promised to protect me, to keep me safe and made sure something never hurt me. But promises are meant to be broken.

"Fuck you, Y/N." I cursed, taking another sip of my beer. "Fuck you, fucking bitch."

No matter how many times I insult her, I'll always love her.

---

I set alone in the shop. I had a cup coffee in my hand, slowly drinking it. I had a hangover too, and coffee seemed to help me more then medication. I didn't smell or look like I had a hangover, I obviously took a shower. So, if anyone was to look at me, they'd think I was just another person.

I saw couples and families sitting around, eating and talking and laughing. I envy those people. How can they be so..happy? While I'm here, drowning myself. I want to be happy, I need to be happy.

It can't be that hard, can it? I have friends, a house, a family. I have all of those things. I just need to clean myself up, apologize to everyone and start over.

I'm planning to do that.

---

I stood in front of the apartment door, my hands shaking. I can do this, it can't be that hard to just apologize, can it? Taking a deep breath, I brought my hand up to the door, knocking.

I waited for a couple of seconds, hearing footsteps approaching I swallowed as the door open, showing my ex-best friend.

"Lauren?" she inquired, shock shown in her eyes. "What're you doing here?"

"I-uh," my voice was quiet. "M-May I come in, please?"

"Uh," she glanced behind her. "Sure." she stepped aside, letting me in. "Take a seat." I did as she said, hearing the door close as I sat down on the couch.

"I came to apologize," I thickly swallowed. "I-I know it's late - but I-I came to my senses today, a-and I want my life back. S-Starting with you, C-Camz. You're - you were, my best friend."

"It's been a year." she whispered, looking down and playing with her fingers.

"I know," I murmured, running a hand through my hair. "I'll start taking my pills and I'll stop drinking. I-I'll stop hooking up with people every fucking night."

Camila looked up, locking eyes with me, "Promise?"

Promises are meant to be broken.

I stared back at her, "I promise."

---

"Jesus, Lauren," Camila mumbled. "It's a mess in here."

"That's why I need help cleaning it." I retorted, grabbing two trash bags. I handed her one, causing her to groan.