Getting ready

PREFACE: After school, you get onto your bus. You have always sat with your best friend, Janet. Jai travels home in his Jeep.

Students talk excitedly over each other in their various cliques of friends. Happy that the school day is finally over. Almost everyone is talking about Jake's party. Brainstorming Halloween costumes. Preppy cheerleaders call out their newest cheer. Paper planes fly. The bus driver yells for everyone to settle down and get into their seats.

Y/n: "Hey Janet!"

Janet: "Hey y/n."

Janet: "Where's Jai?"

Y/n: "He's going home in his jeep."

Janet: "Wait... Isn't that him behind us?"

You look back.

Y/n: "It is him."

You flick off Jai and childishly stick out your tongue at him.

Janet: "What are you doing?"

Y/n: "What? He deserves it."

Janet: "Oh..." She laughs. "Jake invited me during last class. What are you wearing to the party?"

Y/n: "I don't know yet. Do you have any ideas?"

Janet: "Wear that black dress you always talk about."

Y/n: "No! My mom won't let me out of the house wearing that dress! You know that Janet."

Janet: "We're soon heading off to college. You should be able to wear whatever you want."

Y/n: "True. But still. My mom would kill me."

Janet: "It's my stop."

Y/n: "Okay."

As you get out of the seat so that Janet can get out...

Janet: "Bye. See you at party."

Y/n: "Okay, bye."

Soon you're the second to last person left on the bus. At your stop, you get off and walk the rest of the way home.

Once in your bedroom, you go upstairs to search for your favorite black dress.

Y/n: "Where is it?" you ask out loud to yourself.

Jai: "Right here."

Startled, you quickly spin around to face him.

Y/n: "What the hell?! I thought you went home. Why do you have my dress?"

You snatch it from his hand.

Jai: "Well, I'm going to Jake's party too; invited or not."

Y/n: "If that's another lame attempt to get in my pants, think again."

You go to the bathroom and change into your black dress. It's cut out on the sides. You put on your black heels, black kitten ears, Chanel earnings and Chanel peach bag. You straighten your hair and draw on cat whiskers and nose with your black eyeliner. You walk out your bathroom to see Jai lounging on your bed, waiting for you. He's dressed in all-black.

Y/n: "You're not dressing up Jai?"

Jai : "I am dressed up. I'm a French spy."

You roll your eyes at him and laugh.

Y/n : "Ok, whatever. I'm going as a sexy kitten. How does this costume look?"

He slowly looks you up and down.

Y/n: "So, what do you think, babe?"

Jai: "You look smoking hot baby."

He grabs you and starts to kiss you. You push him away.

Y/n: "Stop. We have to leave for the party now or we'll be late. Come on."

You both go outside and get in his jeep to go to Jake's party.

Written by @idfcjai!