Promise?

Rachel's pov:
By these past few weeks I've learned that dating a bad boy is kind of... I don't even know how to describe it .

First of, people tease me whenever Finn gets in trouble. They're always saying, "Ooh, your boyfriend got in trouble. Why don't you tell the teachers to get him out?" And stuff like that and it's frustrating.

Finn assured me that it was all going to die down soon, but it's been three weeks. And I'm dying.

Right now I'm standing outside the school, waiting for time to pass by. Finn asked if I could wait for him to get out of detention for releasing crickets in the cafeteria. Dumb, right?  It's getting really boring out here, so I decide to leave.

I arrive home and just watch tv till I get a phone call. I look at the caller ID and it's Finn.

"Hi" I say as I answered the call.

"I thought you were going to wait for me!" He said kind of angrily.

"I'm sorry but I got really bored and you were taking a while to get out" I say flipping through the channels.

"Fine fine. But promise me you'll wait for me next time?" He says after sighing.

"I promise" I say .

"Ok thanks. Anyway I gotta go we've got guests" he says.

"Okay bye" I say.

"Bye. Love you" he said. And I stayed quiet.. He's never said that and isn't love a kind of strong word?

"Um sorry forget I said that" he says and hangs up.

...
Finns pov:
I mentally slapped myself for saying those words. Of course she wasn't going to say it back. Why would she? I'm the school's bad boy, a lot of girls throw themselves at me, and I'm pretty much such a bad influence on her...

I rush Downstairs and immediately stop as I see Quinn walk into the kitchen smiling at my mom. Apparently she's with her mom, and my mom and her mom hug each other tightly. I awkwardly cough and they turn.

"Oh Finn! This was my high school best friend, Judy" my mom introduces and Judy holds her hand out to me and I
Awkwardly shake it.

"And this is her daughter,-"

"Quinn" I say.

"Oh you know her?" My mom asked. And i nod.

"We're together in glee club" Quinn said with an angelic smile. And my mom smiles back and invites them to dinner. We sit at the table while my mom and Judy talk.

"How are things with Rachel?" Quinn asked.

"Good I guess" I say eating my hotdog.

"You guess? What's happening?" Quinn asked slightly crossing her arms and leaning on them.

"Doesn't matter and it's kind of dumb" I say taking a sip of my water.

"Just spill it out" she said.

"I got kind of mad that she didn't wait for me when I got out of detention" I say looking at her. She shrugged her shoulders.

"I don't see it as something dumb. You were counting on her and she didn't do her part" Quinn said eyeing her salad her mom chose for her.

"Just forget about it okay?" I say cleaning my lips with my napkin.

"Because I am determined about being your couples counseling okay?" She says with a smile. I raise an eyebrow and and look at her strangely.

"Okay then but promise no funny business okay?" I say.

"Promise. And I'll actually stick to my word, unlike Rachel " she says raising her hand. I give her a stern look and she smiled.

"I'm just kidding" she said with her smile and I smile back at her. We started talking about glee club and stuff like that then she has to leave.

"How come I didn't know about you two knowing each other ?" My mom asks with a smile while I help her wash the dishes.

"Because she and I had a rocky friendship" I simply say.

"Well I hope everything works out" she says smiling and I smile back.

And hopefully she doesn't do her funny and sneaky business...

________________________
___________
_____________
___________________
___________________________