Send a Drink... Or Two

Sooooooooo this is rated mature, I guess, and isn't suitable for minor readers, I assume. The brave of heart can read this, but if you have a weak heart for sexy writing than bye homie.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

   I was at the bar for my bartending gig at the Greenhouse. Thank God finals were over. I didn't have anything to do this week especially since Jay has been out of town for a few days now and I really didn't have anyone to hang out with. Most of my friends were gone on vacation outside of the country. I was going to go to Spain with Nadia for the summer, but I wanted to work to start to pay off some of these loans and I had to start saving money for extra things that I really wanted like new clothing, a car or maybe even a new pair of shoes. I'm getting a bit too carried away. I focused back to the club and saw a crowd of people starting to come through the doors, which indicated to me that it was going to be a busy night especially since finals were over. It was certainly going to be a busy night.

   Two hours have passed and I have been serving drinks non-stop. I've heard different types of drinks coming from one en of the bar to the next end and they were on high demand. Ten rum and cokes, six tequillas, sixteen beers, tweleve shots, ect. Being a bartender I wondered how drunk these kids had to be to understand that another drink wasn't a good idea. I remember my first time hard core drinking and having the worst headache of life the next day, which taught me my lesson about drinking. Sort of. I drink in moderation these days or at least I try to. 

  By the time it hit one in the morning things began to slow down and everyone was just having a good time on the dancefloor. I stood behind the bar table, bored out of my mind and extremely exhausted for some reason. I needed something to do or have someone to talk to or just go out on the dancefloor and show everyone how to really dance. Instead I started to wipe the table that was stained with spilled drinks that ended up dripping out of the cups of the pissed wasted people here which was irritating to clean up, but at least it gave me something to do in the meanwhile before I could go home. 

"Can I get a one shot, please?" I heard someone faintly ask for against the pounding music.

I didn't bother to look up to see who it was because I wasn't interested in starting a conversation with anyone new since I just wanted to go home and sleep. I reached for a shot glass and poured liquor up to the rim of the tiny glass. I continued wiping the table and was about to move to the other end until I was interrupted by someone grabbing my hand.

"Aren't you gonna take a shot with me, Arie?" 

"Sorry, sweets, but I'm busy," I said in an irritated tone of voice, but I decided to look up to see who was holding me. 

I was in shock to see that it was Jay with his priceless smile on. I smiled back, but I bet my smile was twice the size as his. It even started to hurt. I missed his company and now that he was here I wasn't as lonely and bored as before. I was about to tell him how much I've missed him, but I noticed something in his eyes. They looked droopy and lost. I could tell something was wrong and that I should probably get a shot glass myself.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Well, when I was away in California for a few days, I got an email from my ex-girlfriend asking if I would be interested in being a guest at her wedding," he told me in total confidence.

If I wasn't in enough shock before, I was in major shock now. That must be hard on him. He's never mentioned her before, so I guessed that it might have been a bad break up or something along those lines. Well, no better time to ask than now.