"We're chosing partners" Ch.4

My alarm rings. I try to make it out... 3:37 a.m. "Well, there's no going back to sleep now."
      I walk outside and see all the dew glimmer in the moonlight. They're like little rodeo fans snapping pictures like a paparazzi. I sigh, "Oh, how I miss the rodeo and the excitement." I swear I heard someone cough,but I figured it was just the breeze. Finally, I get the horses fed and watered and get ready for school.
      I hear the squeaky breaks stop at my driveway. I lazily make my way onto the bus with my eyes closed, almost ready to sleep. I sit down and go to put my head on the window as usual. I don't feel the hard window, but the smell of clone and a shoulder.                           
        "Gaaaa!!" "Why are you on my bus, in my seat James?!"
"Because I told the driver we were good friends.... and I live across the street. I saw you this morning looking at the ground and I heard what you said."
      My eyes were wider that Jupiter now. I sigh knowing that life has just gone downhill.
       " Okay class we're choosing partners."
     She named off names and James and I were last. I already knew.
      All the other kids were excited about their partners, I was just stoned.
"This will be a week- long project so be prepared and work together without a fuss." 
       " The project is to create a math problem, make it into a story, then draw it out in a cartoon. No questions."
I put my head on the table. I feel James staring at me.
      Finally the bell rings for second hour. I finally get away from him, but then I run into Bea and Jake. Jake gives me this weird look like I've ever seen, except it wasn't mean it was scared. Bea looks at Jake, grabs onto him and moves away like I'm just some obstacle to avoid in life.
       Abby comes to sit with me. "So, how was first hour?"
    "Ab, I don't even know what I did to make it out of there alive."