New kid ch.3

It's Thursday and as I continue with my boring life down the hallway my heart stops. Time seemed to stop in its tracks, no sound, no movement. All I can think of is Oh No and to run as fast and far as my legs will take me. Abby is trying to get me to snap out of it, but I can't. "James Francis" I whisper so softly not even God could've heard me.
"Kirstin I ... I've changed." He said it so honest and with love in his eyes, but I knew he hadn't.
When I was younger he used to chase me everywhere. His laugh was so horrifying that the devil would've peed himself.
" I can't forgive 'til you've shown it, I know what's behind your eyes." I push past him, but he grabs my shoulder. "Please!!" "Remember what I said and sit with me at lunch." I rip away from his grip and hurry away.
Normally I'm super excited for lunch, but now I'm so sick I don't even know if I'll make it.
I'm looking down and all my friends are at the table, then I hear the slap of the tray on the table. I close my eyes tight and wait. One second... Two seconds ... THREE seconds. Finally I take a peek and his face is red and his eyes are bloodshot. I already knew what happened because he, unfortunately, has to sit with me first hour.
"Kirstin, please forgive me. I've gone through every camp to fix my problems. " He sniffles.
The regular 'flying food' splatters right on his tray. I look at it knowing that I can't stay mad but I can still dislike him in a way.
"Take my food James. I'm not really hungry anyways..." I mentioned really quietly. I knew after that, there was no turning back.
I could feel Jake's and Bea's eyes trying to melt my life, but it
was like I had a titanium shield around me.