The Briefing

Padme, now determined as ever, sat up straight, more than ready for the Jedi's big reveal. The Senate meeting, now to begin any moment now, would prove to be a historic one if Padme's senses told her anything. Obi-Wan sat next to her, sweating, and looking very concerned. 

"The Jedi will inform the senate of everything we know so far - well almost anything. Bare with us, we do not want to put anyone at risk by providing the wrong people with too much information." He gestured at the Trade Federation box. Padme nodded, she trusted the ability in the Jedi - especially Obi-Wan - to handle this catastrophe, whatever it may be. 

The suspense was killing her. The fact that one of her most loyal friends had already died and she hadn't even been told what was going on was unsettling.

~~~

Finally it all began! Palpatine's pod slowly levatated up to speaking level as he began his normal senate session intro. "Today we shall skip normal reports from systems. Emergency procedures have begun, as many of you have noticed. The Jedi have sensed a grave danger. More on this galactic catastrophe is *ahem* Jedi Master Anakin Skywalker."

Padme couldn't believed her ears. "Anakin" she whispered softly, then she almost fell off of her chair. Obi-Wan smirked, Subtle, Padme, subtle, he thought to himself as he shook his head. Anakin floated over to the center of the senate chamber in one of the guest booths. 

Senators, let me keep this brief: The Jedi have uncovered a terrible truth. Someone who's identity has yet to be discovered has leaked information of this republic to a planet in another galaxy. This galaxy is identified to be the Milky Way and the planet's name is Earth. This all started when we intercepted a spacecraft of some sort that was found floating just outside of Earth's solar system. It was playing some collection of music. Much of this music is believed to be a form of English, which is something that still baffles us. We then stumbled upon another one with more music, that seemed to be more recent due to the better technology found on it. In it was also a description of the jedi and the republic, written with astounding detail. 

The second spacecraft, we shall call it Remedian 1, is extremely primitive, as is the so called 'music'. This is a tell-tale sign to us that this is an EXTREMELY delicate and vulnerable society, and we MUST proceed with as much caution as possible. These 'Earthlings' are a growing and ambitious society. By our calculations, Remedian 1 is many years old, and the technology on Earth has growth considerably since its launch. The function of their technological growth is quartic, if anyone would especially like to see the math, that will come later. This leaked information, depending on what it is, how much of it was leaked, if it is all true, and by what means it was leaked, can be lethal. To both the Earthlings and the Great Galactic Republic. Not knowing any better, the Earthlings may make a rash move, and that is what we have to prevent. Not to mention the fact that we do not know who the mole is, and what their intentions are. 

An attempt on Senator Amidala has already been made. Senator Amidala is fine, however her loyal driver was sacrificed. This may prove to be a deadly war. Would Senator Amidala like to address the point of building a galactic army, and add any of her thoughts?

Anakin winked at Padme. Padme died. Obi-Wan rolled his eyes. Business as usual.

"Would the Senator from the sovereign state of Naboo please travel to the center?"