Chapter 2

Hey guys!

WARNING: NOT EDITED

"It's my right to be hellish, I still get jealous." - Nick Jonas

***Nick's POV***

"Nicky!"

Chomping down on a huge bite of pizza, I looked up to see Amelia wave enthusiastically from across the lunch room. Her pretty ash blond hair was pulled into two pig tails that I'm sure only she could pull off and still look sexy, her large grey eyes seemed to smile invitingly. Working to chew at the food in my mouth, I waved her over to our table and she happily skipped over to us. Jake, my best friend and lead bass player of our band, arched a pale blond brow at me and I smirked. Carter, our drummer, didn't notice too much under the blare of his ear buds, as always. Swallowing the last bits of the food in my mouth, I took a swig of Sprite before turning my full attention on the girl who sat right next to me.

"Hey there," I greeted when she set her tray next to mine. She glanced at me and gave me a stunningly flirty smile.

"Hi, Nick! How are you today?" She exclaimed excitedly and clung to my arm, her soft hands squeezing lightly. Wow, she smelled really good, sort of a clean outdoor woody scent. I looked at her plate noticing she had nothing but a fruit cup and a cookie. Also, her eyes had small bags under them as if she stayed up too late, which is possible because of the party, or was crying. I honestly hoped it was the former.

"Hey beautiful. Are you a camera babe? 'Cause I smile every time I look at you." Jake waggled his eyebrows playfully and I laughed as Amelia gave him a funny look. Jake didn't relent as he gave her an appreciative once over. "Oh, and is your dad a baker? You are definitely a cutie pie."

"No, but my dad will kick your ass if you keep messing with his baby girl," she said sweetly and Jake's smile dropped as he lifted his hands in surrender. I'll just say that that wasn't the first time he'd been threatened by an over protective father to stay away. Jake pouted slightly as he sat back in his chair grumpily picking at his food. Amelia practically jumped in my lap then discreetly looking across the room but I followed her eyes. A kid with earbuds in his ears stoically searching the cafeteria, his black hair damp, maybe from the rain outside. Landon. Next to him was a dude with curly blond hair and bright blue eyes laughing and nudging at Landon towards our table. Amelia eyes were glued on the blond and right there I realized this for what it was. She was using me to makes another guy jealous. Disappointment washed over me but I quickly shook it off.

If she wanted to put on a show, I was game.

The blond looked at Amelia still perched in my lap a furrowed his brow as soon as I nipped at the shell of her ear. I could sense her surprise she blushed and giggled accordingly. Slipping my hands on her waist Jake eyes widened at my boldness but I was use to putting on shows. So use to playing this damn game. Amelia seemed to like it because before I could blink her lips were on mine. Her fingers expertly curled at the fine hairs at the nape of my neck as mine slid up to her hips kneading them slightly.

"Lia!"

She nipped my lip and smiled breathing the word, "thanks," against my ear. Nodding, we looked up to see the blond stare at me as if he wanted to murder me.

His jaw clenched and his hands shaking in anger he addressed her. "Can we talk, Lia? Alone." The last part left no room to be denied, it sounded like an order. Her eyes lit up with a mixture of fear and happiness. Getting up and fixing her hair, she strode off with him like a lovesick puppy. Sighing, I straightened my clothes ignoring the looks random people were giving me. Jake blinked and shrugged his shoulders going back to picking at his food and Carter said nothing as usual but what surprised me was Landon sitting next to me after he just seen me make out with his sister.

"Um, what's up dude," I chuckled incredulously. He picked up his sandwich and took a bite. I waited curiously until he was finished but he didn't say anything just continued to eat. I shrugged and followed suit.

Once lunch was over, the guys quickly left and but when I went to get up I felt a tug on my shirt. Following the hand tangled in my shirt I met hazel green eyes staring up at me determined. His iPod was all wrapped up and damp strands of hair stuck up at odd angles.

"What are your intentions with Lia?" He asked quietly. He didn't look upset or mad, just curious.

I lifted my hands and shrugged giving an easy smile. "Hey, I'm not really doing anything she wouldn't want, I know she's hung up on that guy--"

"Dylan," Landon supplied and I nodded.

"Yeah, Dylan."

"So...you don't care if she's using you? You don't have a girlfriend?"

Laughing, I shook my head. "Not really and no I do not." He was quiet for a moment.

"Come to my house tonight." I gaped at him but he carried on nonchalantly. "Mr. Anderson gave us that project. We should work on it." He got a piece of paper out and scribbled an address on it. "I'll see you later." He briskly walked away. Scratching the back of my head I picked up the paper and frowned. Mr. Anderson did have us pair up today for a project for our finals. It was to write and preform a song together. I suppose we could work on it tonight...

***
"What the fuck do you mean he's leaving?" I shouted into the phone and Jake whined in irritation before answering.

"Hey, it's not my fault! His aunt is sick so his mom wants to move closer to her in Florida. He's leaving at the end of the week."

Pacing my room, I huffed trying to calm my thoughts. We finally had a band together. We were finally going to get outta of this shit. I was finally going to mean something, be important. We were..

"Of course Carter wouldn't have said anything," Jake went on. "His mom talked to my mom ya know? Why did we even invite him in the band? I'm not sure if he even liked us. Or knew our names for that matter."

"Because he was the only drummer we knew," I groaned banging my head lightly against the wall. Yeah, I didn't like Carter that much either but we needed his talent so I didn't care whether he liked us so long as he made it to the gigs. The door slammed downstairs telling me that my dad was home.

"...Landon right?" I shook my head and squinted my eyes.

"What about him?"

"Well, you're in that music class with him right?" I nodded but realized he couldn't see me.

"Yeah, so?"

"I heard my cousin Susan say he can play drums. Why not ask him to join for a bit while we try to find a more permanent member?" I blinked and bit my lip contemplating. Yes...if he could play, that would work. I glanced at the time. It was nearly eight o'clock but I grabbed my keys anyway and the paper Landon gave me.

Hopefully this kid could save our ass.

***************************************
Soooo...yeah that was Nick! It was short but I hope you guys liked!

COMMENT IF YA WANT MOOOORE!!!!

Again, sorry for grammar mistakes.