Welcome to Camp Hula Hoku

Start from the beginning

    "Most of the scientists are human though." I put in, remembering some information from our little trip.

         "There was someone else." Genny gasped, "I didn't see their face very clearly, but they weren't Worthington or Green."

    "A man." Dylan spoke up, I barely noticed he was there, he seemed to be making an obvious effort to stay in the shadows.

    "There was another man." His voice cracked. "He was there because of me, he was testing a chemical that would make me loose control of mind when I uh, changed."

"How do you know it was specifically for you?" Tyler asked him, both of them tense.

Dylan didn't meet anyone's eyes. "He was my uncle."

There was a pained silence for a few moments before he spoke up again. "Theo, I'm not going to stay when the sun rises. I'll be back for dinner but I rather people didn't stare."

    Theo nodded and didn't ask him any questions. "Genny, did you see anything that would further explain this chemical to me?"

    I watched as Will clenched his hand around her arm. Genny glanced at Dylan quickly and shrugged. "I know the effects can be, uh, sometimes fatal to those around."

    There was another tense awkward silence, when Will spoke up.

    "There's another, uh, girl who works there. I nearly forgot. Her name was Casey Jones-"

    "Does she have red hair, and blue eyes?" Theo asked suddenly, there was a strange look on his face. It wasn't the heavily burdened hero look I usually saw, he looked very hopeful.

    Will faltered. "Uh, yeah, but-"

    "Is she okay?" He asked, cutting him off.

    Will glanced around like he was looking for help. "I'm sorry Theo but she's dead."

    He turned around from the light and leaned against the wall, his dark hair falling over his face but I'm sure I saw something shining there.

    "What do you mean?" He asked calmly, or at least he sounded calm.

    "They turned her body into a cyborg. She has no memories of anything." Will's wings were drooped and he wouldn't look at anyone.

    Theo took a shaky breath and turned back to face us. His eyes were moist. Sabine put a hand on his shoulder, even thought she was so short compared to him, the gesture was appreciated.

    "I knew her before she died." Will said, trying to offer some words of comfort. "I looked up to her a lot."

    "She was my sister." Theo replied shakily.

There was another tense silence as I swallowed a huge stone in my throat. I wanted to say something. It was something I had come to realize in the last few minutes.

"We have to stop this." I commanded. "I can't go back to my uncle until we've shut down the Lab once and for all. They won't hurt anyone ever again on my watch."

"I agree with that." Tyler said.

"I agree with Tyler." Gratuity commented.

One by one each person mumbled their solidarity until only Theo was left.

"We need a leader." I offered, he looked me right in the eye.

He ran a hand through his hair. "Okay. You need a leader, I'm game, but I'm not leading all of us alone. Justin can be co-leader."

I paused for moment trying to take in what he was offering. I'm mean sure I was getting pretty poetic for five AM but hold up a minute. Then of course I realized how my chest felt like it was on fire, I wanted to do this.

"Alright, alright. I accept." We shook hands.

"That's it then. You can all go back to bed if you wish. Will, I would like to talk to you for a bit."

I knew he wanted to know more about his sister. I can imagine if I had a sister I'd be pretty worried about her all the time. It must be devastating. My limbs ached as I climbed back into my hammock that morning.

___________
Has anyone noticed
How protective Theo is of Sabine

And how Sabine has night vision

Just like Casey

Isn't that interesting