Part 23

I awoke naked in Jack's iron grip. As much fun it was, I didn't know what to do. Yeah it was fun but was it really something I had wanted? The venom was too much to bare, it broke me down to him. Does an intense pleasure filled night of my screaming make us a thing?

I had no idea he was so animalistic and dominant in the bedroom, or at least on my couch. My childhood friend had a darker side that I never knew, ten years can really change a person.

I looked up to see Jack's calm face, all the worry lines stripped away. He was handsome, but when he was calm, my heart clenched. I reached up and touched the scar near his eye, tracing it from top to bottom.

Jack's blue grey eyes flickered open. A small smile tipped the corners of his mouth up.

"You never told me the story." I said quietly.

"Bar brawl. It's from a broken beer bottle. Budweiser in fact." He whispered back. "Ly, last night was unforgettable." Jack addressed the elephant in the room.

"Yeah, it was." I lowered my eyes. I had to decide now what to do, while I lay naked in his arms. Dammit.

"We can try to make it work." I said I softly.

"What?" Jack was taken aback.

"Yeah, but not a lot of PDA, I am not that kind of girl." My speech was cut short from Jack's lips on mine. I melted into those soft safe lips.

I slipped out of his arms. "Jack, I didn't mean for last night to happen. I want to take things slow..." I trailed off.

"What do you mean?" Jack sat up from my bed. "Did I do something, did I hurt you?" His worried eyes scanned my body for any marks. Moving back a bit in the bed, I realized now how sore I was. My ass felt like it was bruised from where he spanked me so many times and then I felt it. I felt like my pubic bond was sore too. He really did a number on me last night.

"No, no, no. The incubi, Dimitri Tarasenko, he... Um... He bit me, his venom was sending my senses overboard, I think." I looked down at my painted toes.

"Oh my God. Delilah... I feel now like I took advantage of you." Jack hung his head in shame.

"No! No! Don't think of it like that! It was my fault. I should have not given in, I should have tried harder to tell you." I sighed. "Maybe it was fate trying to force my hand and make me give you a chance." I said in a small smile trying to smooth the situation over. I got out of the bed, going for a silken robe I had, I felt too exposed right now with this conversation and Jack.

Jack stood up and walked to me. His hands rested on my shoulders, as he searched my eyes. Lastly, he enveloped me in a tight hug. "Delilah, I will take care of you, every step of the way."  His muffled voice whispered into my hair.

I looked up and captured his lips. Our kiss deepened, my hands in his hair. His hands on my waist and ass through the silk. Passionate to say the least, it was as if I could feel his love pouring into me. I felt something poke my bare abdomen.

A sudden knock on my door broke us apart. "Are we expecting anyone?" Jack said to me.

"No." I whispered. I shook off my rob and grabbed a tank top, a thong and shorts. I tucked a gun into the back of my shorts' waistband.

I closed my door, hiding Jack.

I opened the door to see a tall figure standing outside.

"Hello?" I asked smoothly.

"Are you the Huntress?" The tall man with a scar across his throat asked. His voice was deep and gravelly. He wore a long brown trench coat with a black fitted button down underneath.