Part 21

I tied the ribbons to my wrists. I pulled my red hair into high straight ponytail.

"Perfect. Ready, Ly?" Jack asked anxiously.

"What's your deal?" I asked back suspicious as I slipped on my heels.

"Nothing. I just want to get out there. I want to get that SOB of an incubus that messed me up last time." His voice raised at his frustration.

"Okay okay." I opened the door for him and I followed him out.

Jack has been tailing this incubus for awhile now. A few days ago is when he walked me home from work after failing to kill the bastard. So we waited until I wasn't working to tackle it together.

We made it down to Broadway where he caught up to the monster last. Jack stopped in front of me and looked me up and down.

"I can't thank you enough for helping me on this." He said quietly. I knew what he meant. I was basically getting ready to prostitute myself for this hunt.

I looked down to make sure my dress was smoothed out but still showing plenty of skin. My heels were black ankle stilettos, that hid a very small poison tipped knife, also spelled against incubus magic. I smiled back at Jack before I left the alleyway to cross the street. He went around back to scale the side of the building, providing back up for me in the rooftops.

As soon as I made my way to the club, I knew shit would get real tonight. This was a more high risk mission than what I've done in a long time, the incubus was the owner, of course. It couldn't have been a low profile person, that'd be too easy. I rolled my eyes at the thought of an easy case.

The bouncer took one look at me and let me in, no questions, just a small nod and charming teeth and shining smile. I played my shy but sultry smile back to him before patting his shoulder in thanks. His muscles instantly flexed by my touch.

I strolled past to the bar and ordered an dirty martini. Stirring my drink I posed myself on the barstool. Keeping my composure to keep focus on me, but the look of loneliness in my eyes. Someone who just was begging for a good night out. After a couple martinis and a sob story to the bartender about a date not showing up to meet me as he promised, sure enough, a man in black with an earpiece came up to me.

"Hello, Miss. My boss would like to invite you to the VIP lounge up top." His Russian accent was thick.

I looked up from my long lashes to where the man nodding to. I saw a tall man in an expensive suit raise a glass of champagne to me. I swirled my martini one last time and brought the glass to my lips sipping a bit more. I pulled out the glass stick, maintaining eye contact with the target, I bit down on the olive, pulling the stick out of mouth and downed what was left of my martini.

I stood up and offered my hand to the man in black for him to escort me to the target.

As we ascended the stairs, "6 Inch" played. The bass thumped to the sultry slow lyrics.

Six inch heels

My hips swayed to the hypnotic beat.

She walked into the club like nobody's business

My stilettos clicked across the floor drawing attention to a new presence in the VIP lounge.

Goddamn, she murdered everybody and I was her witness

I slightly smirked at the last part of the song. I came in front of a now seated boss of this club, the target.

"Hello, Beautiful." Another thick Russian accent came from the target this time.