Chapter Twenty Four

Jade's POV

I shoot a hostage in the head them fall to my knees then lie on the floor crying, Dick has been alive the whole time...

Ed who is with me looks down at me then holds me and hugs me, "Everything will be ok, nobody will let them hurt you." He says and I close my eyes tightly.

"They're not going to hurt me, they're going to kill me, torture me to death" I say then hear a bomb go off blowing down the door at the other side of the room.

I stand up and Ed stands infront of me protecting me from who we think are the real joker and Harley but instead he lowers his gun, "Joker it's him..." He trails off and I silently take a deep breath and step out the way looking at him.

I walk up to him and he smiles hugging me, "I'm glad you're oka-" I hit him in the back of the head with my gun knocking him out and I point the gun at his head with both hands to stop the shaking and I tear up. If I kill him I'll be safe...

"Joker if you can't do-"

"I'm not the Joker, he's been alive the whole time!" I yell then turn the safety off my gun and out my hand on the trigger but fail to pull it and throw the gun against the wall and wipe my tears away, "I can't do it, put him outside one of the zeta tubes and leave him there, don't hurt him, I'm leaving town tonight." I say taking a deep breath.

"But what about Harley and Joker, they'll come back won't they?" He asks walking up to an unconscious Robin or Nightwing as he goes by now...

"When they come back I'll be long gone, word has only been let out tonight about Robin being alive so if I leave Gotham tonight I'll be ok" I say and he nods.

"Where will you go?" Ed asks.

"Europe seems far enough." I lie and he nods then looks down at Nightwing who's coming to.

"Leave him here, he'll call up his team then he'll be safe. Tell him and everyone else I committed suicide so they don't come looking for me." I say changing my mind and I head towards the bus station.