Reader X Beruka

You were planning on heading to the library, but sometimes plans change. You instead decided to pay Beruka a visit. You opened the door and was shocked at what you saw. She was perched on her bed, surrounded by a large amount of squirrels. Beruka looked up with a startled expression. "Y/N! It wasn't my fault," She said hurriedly. "There was no other choice, I was at knife point!" Beruka added, rushed. You nodded slowly, finding it rather hard to process this information. "I love them," Beruka whispered, stroking the furry squirrel's head, while keeping her gaze fixed on you.

"Alright, that's nice..." You said drowsily. Beruka was relaxed to see that you would not take her precious squirrels away from her. "Should I leave?" You asked, unsure of what would come next. Beruka shook her head and patted the spot next to her, gesturing for you to sit there. You were still confused; you visited Beruka all the time, and never once, seen a squirrel in her room. You proceeded to sit next to her, anyway.

"Let me introduce you to all of them-" Beruka began, and after what seemed like a a few hours, she was done. You were half asleep by now, and hadn't been listening to a word she had been saying. Your gaze was so transfixed on her eyes.

"You know, I want to tell you something really important," you began, and once you felt her staring at you, there was no turning back. "I really like you, and I- uh... I wanted to know if you would marry me?" You said, fumbling over your words clumsily holding out a ring.

"I love you too, even if I only just noticed I did," Beruka said truthfully. "So, yes, I'll marry you," She added. You smiled happily as she put on the ring.

"What is this warm, cozy feeling? Is this happiness?" She wondered.

"I'd sure hope so," you replied. She smiled, for about one of the first times in her life. She then said,

"I only now realize, that I love you."