Chapter Two

The room was quiet. It was more quiet than just four people not talking. It was still, thick with potential, like before a storm.

“Are you okay with this?” Sophie said to Josh, without looking at him. “Say if you’re not.”

She hoped he knew she meant him. He didn’t answer, and she didn’t want to look over in case she blushed or giggled or suddenly screamed, but he didn’t answer so that seemed to be okay.

“All right,” Sophie said to Sara. “What’s your dare?”

“Find the spot on me that makes me sigh like you just did.”

“I didn’t sigh.”

“Yeah you did.”

“Oh,” Sophie said, and thought she did blush a little.

“Find the spot,” Sara said. “That’s the dare.”

“Where is it?”

Sara grinned. “Find it.”

Sophie slid over, got close enough to reach. She looked at Sara, and wondered how far she was meant to take this, how hard she was meant to look. She leaned in, and kissed Sara’s mouth softly. A little hesitantly.

“No,” Sara said.

Sophie kissed her ear.

“Good, but no.”

Her neck. She felt Sara shiver a little against her lips.

“No,” Sara said.

Sophie thought. She was feeling tingly, happily high, and flirty too. All warm and soft and like she wanted to hug Sara, to stroke her all over. This thing, this game, was good, was right for Sophie’s mood. She kissed Sara’s shoulder, and breathed in the smell of her hair.

“Not nearly.”

Sara had on a low short dress. It was pretty much tits or legs now. Or arms.

Sophie lifted up Sara’s hand, and kissed her palm. Sara watched, and seemed to be smiling. “Nope,” Sara said. “But that’s really nice.”

Sophie kissed it again. Then Sara’s wrist.

“No,” Sara said.

Sara’s forearm.

“Almost,” Sara whispered. “Close.”

Sophie kissed inside Sara’s elbow, and Sara shivered and sighed. “There,” she said.

Sophie sat up. Josh and Owen hadn’t moved, were both just watching.

Sara reached over, and picked up her wine, and sipped. “Your turn,” she said. “Your dare.”

Sophie kept looking at her. She was sitting, curled, beautiful. She was clearly as into this as Sophie was, and perhaps a little more familiar with the game they were playing.

“Don’t move,” Sophie said. “For three minutes.”

“Okay.”

“That’s the dare. Don’t move for three minutes.”

Sara nodded.

Sophie kissed her wrist again, and then the inside of her elbow. Sara closed her eyes and sighed, again. Sophie kissed Sara’s wrist, and knew everyone was looking at her, concentrating on her, and wanted that.

She put her hand on Sara’s knee, and slid it slowly up to the top of Sara’s leg. As Sophie’s hand slid, Sara moved her knees apart and slowly breathed out, and whispered, “Oh fuck,” so quietly Sophie thought only she could hear. Sophie felt the softness of her skin, and breathed in the smell of her, and wanted this.