"This is how we could have spent our family dinners for the last 11 years anak. We could have celebrate the different milestones and achievements of our family in this house, sharing food in this table." Maine stared at her mother, it looked like she read her mind. She pondered on what her mother told her.

"I'm sorry for wasting all those years Nay. I will try but then what happened before scarred me but even though I know the truth while I was still in New York, it was too late. Now that I returned, I have changed and so did Alden."

"Are you sure RJ changed? Have you thought that what happened also scarred him and he still thinks that you don't know the truth? Have you ever wonder that up until now, he's still blaming himself for what happened?"

Maine looked at her mom and then Alden. He was done feeding Channy and turned his head towards their direction. He smiled and Maine only looked away.

I want to say sorry so badly but I always remember what happened 11 years ago.

Maine thought

——————————————————————————————————————

NUVALI, 2020

Richard disappointed Maine again and for the nth time, she forgave him. She wasn't like this before. She easily get frustrated and was sometimes impatient but one thing motherhood taught her is understanding and patience. She feels like she's raising three kids instead of two.

Richard went for a few drinks with the cast of the new movie he was working on and Maine waited for him 'till morning. The kids won't stop crying and was finding their daddy. They only stopped around 4 am, that was the time where she saw Jerald carrying her drunk husband in their door.

"Napa-sobra?" She simply asked.

"Oo eh. Mukha ngang stressed eh. He kept saying how tired he was with everything." Jerald said while laying his friend to their bedroom.

That moment, Maine knew what he meant. Even though Richard is tired from work, he insists of cooing and calming down one of the twins if they cry at night. He always say that she carried them 9 months so its his turn to take care of the twins. Maine is a full-time mom and housewife. She actually enjoys it but she knows her break from showbiz will end soon considering the twins are already one year olds.

Richard woke up with an extreme headache, he saw some pills and water on the bedside table and smiled. Maine knows him too well. Despite of his headache, he happily descended the stairs. His wife was preparing their breakfast with Manang Bebeng. He signaled Manang to keep quiet. While Maine was preparing the soup for her husband, Richard snaked his hands in his wife's waist and rested his head on her shoulder. Maine managed not to cut her finger when Richard surprised her.