Chapter 2 Personal Opinion (Definition of Feminism)

Many people can argue that the definition of Feminism only includes 'men' and 'women', what about the equality of all the other gender identities, gender expressions, biological sex, and sexual orientations?

The feminist movement was started in late 18th century. The precise use of the term is disputed, 18th century feminism and 19th century feminism being also subsumed under "feminism" proper [Wikipedia]. The movements before those of the 18th century are known as proto-feminism, they form the basis for modern feminism.

The earliest organizations formed in support of LGBT rights was in 1924, at a much later time than feminism.

The definition of feminism was penned down at a time when people were starting to raise their voice for the equality of men and women. So, I think it makes sense why it did not include other gender identities or sexuality.

But, as we have advanced and started to recognize and accept that there are more people on earth than just men and women or males and females, I think we can safely extend the definition of modern feminism to "Equality of every person on the planet, regardless of their gender identities, gender expressions, biological sex, and sexual orientations".