t w e n t y - e i g h t

A Year Later

-

Denis and I had been engaged for over 6 months now.  We were getting married in a couple of weeks, it was going to be a private ceremony. The boys let Denis back into the band, it made him quite more happy.

Me and Chandler were currently unpacking boxes in our new home, that me and Denis saved up for. We moved here a few days ago, so it's been quite hard due to having jetlag and no energy at all.  It was a big house, it had 3 bedrooms, one was Chandlers, and then Denis and I shared one, and the other one would probably be used for storage or a small recording studio for Denis to practice his vocals.

Denis had been on tour for two months now and it was due for him to come home today.  I went upstairs to our new bedroom and got changed into a pair of sweats and Denis's old Iron Maiden shirt.  He always thought I looked cute when I wore his clothes.

"Little bro, I'm going to get Denis from the airport. We'll go grocery shopping when we get back." I told Chandler, grabbing my keys off the table and leaving.

I got into the car and started it, pulling out of the driveway and began my way to the airport to pick up my love.  I turned up my car radio and started blaring music on the way there.

  The trip to the airport was long and dreadingful, but it was so worth it because I was seeing Denis for the first time in two months. 

I got out of my car and locked it, heading into the airport. I went into the refreshment room, grabbing a bagel and going towards the waiting gates.

About five minutes later, a familiar scent and person came walking through the gates. Denis came rushing to me, picking me off up my feet and spinning me.

"You look so fucking cute wearing my clothes."  He said, burying his face into my chest.

I pulled his face to mine and kissed him softly, wrapping my arms around him. I missed him so much and I was so glad to have him back home for a while. He had another tour in a month so I was going to spend as much time with him as I could. 

  "Let's get home. I wanna cuddle with my girlfriend and sleep in my own bed." He yawned, wrapping an arm around me as we we walked out of the airport. 

   I stuffed his suitcase into the back of the car and got into the drivers seat, Denis had his head propped up against the car window, sleeping away. I grabbed my phone and took a quick picture, and set it to my lock screen.

  I started up the car and started my way back home. Denis snored quietly throughout the trip back home. Poor thing, he was so tired from touring for almost three months. 

"Denis, we're home." I shook him awake and he stretched before getting out and grabbing his suitcase. I locked up the cars and followed him inside.

"The new house is coming along greatly, babe. I see it has your touch." Denis chuckled, heading upstairs into our bedroom. 

  Denis set his suitcase down on the bed and unzipped it, beginning to put his clothes into an actual dresser instead of having to keep them stuffed inside a bag. I started folding his jeans and putting them into the dresser. 

 "Oh babe, I'm going grocery shopping with Chandler. Feel free to sleep while I'm gone love, I know you're really sleepy from touring. I love you and I'll be back." I kissed him quickly and retreived my keys and purse.

  Me and Chandler got inside the car and I started it up, backing out of the driveway and then going to the closest grocery store there was. 

-

Chandler and I got back to the house an hour later. I started putting up the groceries and then after I finished doing that, I went back upstairs and saw Denis sleeping away on the bed. I kicked my shoes off and threw my keys onto the bedside table. I joined beside Denis and he pulled me into his arms.

"Welcome home, Denis."

I was so glad to have him home.