n i n e

I was currently sitting on my bed, facing the window. Denis was on his bed, looking faintly at the ground, I wonder if Darcy decided to dump his ass. Then she would see how much of a dick he really is. I hated being like this to him, but he deserved it. He needs to know that life doesn't always revolve around sex, I looked down at my feet and decided to get on with the day.

My aunt Beatrice was sitting at the kitchen table with her laptop once again, she was always such a hard working woman. She never had time to spend with us, she worked two jobs just to keep me and Chandler fed, which I honestly was looking around to get a job. Which I just might do that today, it would take a lot of things off of her.

I got up from my bed and headed to the bathroom to get a shower and get ready to go job searching. As I finished up, I noticed a moving truck was sitting in Denis's driveway. What in the actual hell? I bit my lip and peered at my window, looking to see what they were doing there. Then I saw Denis carrying a bunch of boxes outside and stacking them inside the truck.

I went outside and looked around the bush to see Denis, sitting on the porchstep. Was it such a good idea to go and talk to him? My instincts told me to and in my head, I shouldn't. James would be pissed at me if he knew I was talking to him. Maybe he'll be here when I get back from job searching. I continued my walk down to downtown.

I put in a few applications at some local cafes and resturants, so I sure hope I'd get a call back from atleast one of them. I stopped by Starbucks and ordered a black decaf coffee and a cake pop. I munched on the cake pop on the way back home. Denis was still sitting on the porchstep. Was he really just giving me the guilt trip all of a sudden?

"Denis, why are you still sitting out here? Are you really that fucking blind that I'm not forgiving you? I mean come on now, Denis you knew better to use me. You knew you were gonna use me in the first place, you had this game playing all along. You were just waiting at the right time to let it all go. I'm sorry Denis, but sometimes sorry doesn't fix it. It takes much more then an apology for this. What you did was incompletely wrong and it's going to take a very long time for this to set in my mind. I was your best friend since the second grade, I was the one that wanted to be your friend because you didn't have any. So out all of these years, why did I even bother?" I wiped a few lingering tears off my face and ran inside my house, and locking the door.

Out of all these years, why does all this happen to me? I've done nothing but good things the whole 17 years I've been here. I really thought about digging out my old friend. Plus it could use a buddy. I went upstairs into my bedroom, and then into my bathroom, opening the cabinet and grabbing my old razor out. James never knew I self harmed so what's the point?

I stood in front of the bathroom mirror and slightly dragging the blade across my faded wrist. My breath hitched at the sudden pain I gave to myself, I dropped my razor and bandaged my arm up before going downstairs to watch TV. I walked into the kitchen to grab a yogurt cup and I notice a note was placed on the counter. It read. "Hey Melanie and Chandler, this is your Aunt Beatrice. I was called out on a three month business trip, Melanie I placed $300 under the couch cushion. It should do you for groceries and anything else you need. I love you, I will call you."

I walked upstairs to Chandler's room and faintly knocked on the door.

"Hey Chan, Aunt Beatrice went out on a business trip for 3 months. I'm in charge of the house, but I know you'll help me take care of it.""Alright, thanks for notifying me sis." I smiled and gave him a hug before letting him get back to his gaming. I swear that's all he ever did, but it was better then partying and doing drugs.

My phone buzzed.

From: My Babe :*Hey sweets, can I come over? 

To: My Babe :*

Sure love. Front door's unlocked, I'm gonna take a quick shower.

I put my phone down on the table and went into the bathroom, turning on the hot water and shedding all of my clothes off.

The hot water hit my back and it felt so good.  I grabbed my apricot shampoo and washed my hair thoroughly, then squirted some of my apple body washed and started scrubbing my body.  I rinsed the suds out of my hair and got out, wrapping a towel around me.

I got changed into my black tank top and some shorts, and just decided not to put any make up on. I walked back downstairs and James was in my kitchen, with no shirt on and pants.  I went up and wrapped my arms around him from behind. 

"Hey good looking." I mumbled as he was looking at some expired cereal we had on top of the fridge.

"Hey there." He turned around and wrapped his arm around my waist, kissing my lips softly. God, his lips felt so good and soft. Perfect to fit against mine.

"So earlier, I went out and applied for a few places. And Denis was carrying out some moving boxes. Do you know what the hell is going on with him? Because I'm gonna find out eventually."

"I'll talk to Ben when I go over to his place later."

I mumbled an okay and laid down on the couch.

Then, I wrapped my arms around James waist, cuddling him on the couch.

A/N: Shit is fixing to get saucy in the next chapter.  Also, I'm gonna start a playlist for this book. So leave some song suggestions below and I'll post a small list of what you guys chose. Thank you for the reads and votes!