3. Broken Home

Your pov
Another date with my wonderful boyfriend Benny was a success. We were listening to The 1975 in the car. We were around the corner from my house and I could only hope to God that my dad wasn't home. Benny doesn't know, but my dad has abused me since I was 14 and I don't plan on telling him anytime soon. We pull up to my house. I look over at the love of my life. When I'm with him I forget about all the bad and I feel so safe when I'm with him. I know my dads beat up car is in the driveway. I lean over the center console and kiss Benny.
"Thank you babe," I kissed him.
"I'll see you tomorrow love" he kissed my forehead. I get out of the car and walk to the door knowing he wouldn't leave until I texted him I was inside and safe. I open the door and I was instantly hit with the smell of booze. I quickly get my phone out to text him but my dad slaps my phone out of my hands.
"You little slut. That boy doesn't love you. No one loves you" he spits in my face.
"Dad, you're drunk again. Please go to bed." I tried to stay calm.
"You don't get to tell me what to do!" He backs me up agains the wall. God I hope Benny can't hear. I try to book it up stairs but he pulls my leg and pushes me against the wall. He slaps me like he always does. The tears running down my face.
"Dad please! Stop! Dad!" I cried.
"Get out you dirty bitch" he screams "you were a mistake and nobody loves you. You're worthless, ugly, waist of air little slut!" and pushed me out the front door. I just sat on the step and cried knowing that Benny saw. My face hurt but I didn't care. I look up and I see Benny rushing out of his car to me. I get up and I ran to him. He tried hugging me but I stopped him.
"We have to go. He will come looking for me and I can't be here with him right now Benny please take me with you. " I beg and plead.
"Of course, love, you'll come stay at mine tonight alright. Im so sorry." We got in the car and sped off. It was about a 20 minute drive to Benny's house. "Why didn't you tell me? How long has this been going on?" He said holding my hand. Full of concern and love.
"It started when my mom left. I was 14 and he would take it out on me and constantly be drunk..." I said. "I didn't want you to leave me like my mom. I don't want you to think I am weak or fragile or run away. " I whispered to him.
"I think you're even stronger than I thought. You are so brave and you are always so happy on the outside. But really are you ok? "
"I'll be fine" I said. We got to his house and instantly walked in and went to his room. I put music on while he took a shower and went to his closet and got a big "Thrasher" hoodie and put it on. Then say back on his chair and started watching his videos. Soon my eyelids became very heavy. I was asleep in no time.
Benny's pov
I came out of the bathroom drying my hair. "Hey babe can you hand me some sweatpants?" No reply. I look up to see her asleep at my desk watching my YouTube videos. I watched her sleep in awe. She is so beautiful. Even with her tear stained cheeks, my big hoodie, curled up on a chair. She is the love of my life. I quickly put some sweats on and picked her up from the chair and put her in my bed. I got in behind her and put my arms around her and held her as tight as I could. I love how she mindlessly put her arms around me too and turns to face me just so she can have her head on my chest. I want to marry her one day and have a family. I know she is the one and not even the broken home will change that. I love her.