Part 7

Unedited-

Lacey

"Thomas! What do you mean that's the necklace Thomas gave you?" Lauren shrieked , "Lace?"

"First of all calm down, he wasn't here I don't know how that guy got onto the premises but we're going to speak with the Don De Luca," I said as calm as possible. "As for the three of you stay inside we'll get security posted at the entrance soon why don't you all go and check on Jacey."

Morgan soon left to arrange a meeting with her grandfather and set up additional security. " hey Jack can I speak with you for a moment." she answered with a nod, I led her away from the others so I could speak with her privately, I knew the mention of Jacey father has got her rattled. "I don't want you to worry about anything , everything is going to be ok," I tried to assure her. " I also made arrangements for a nurse to be here so that you can continue chemo and the Don has a doctor on staff as well."

Her eyes began to tear, "Thank you, Lace, I just don't understand why Jay." she sniffled. "Why is he coming around again?"

"I don't know," I answered, even though I suspected he was trying to warn us away. "Karen, Clyde, Marcus, and Frank will be here in the morning, you'll have The Don's people protecting everyone While our WATT team will be your personal bodyguards.

"Why do you keep calling him 'The Don' isn't Don his first name "

I shook my head forgetting I did not let the girls know who Morgan's grandfather was. "He's Mafia Jack," I said quietly not knowing who else was around.

"What?" She was whisper shouted. "We've got criminals after us and you're leaving us with a bunch of criminals?"

"shhh," I shushed her. "at this point I trust him more than I would anyone else, there's something up with one or more of the Marines that are here so please be careful around Sean until I find out more."

"You're the one who just sent her into the living room with my daughter idiot," she said hitting me in the arm. "and now you're warning me about her?" she yelled in a hushed voice.

"Honestly, I think she's fine, I don't think she knew that guy that Hank was talking too, which by the way is the same guy that Jay described. I don"t think she wouldn't have pointed them out otherwise." I answered honestly. " just let me talk to her first okay?"

When Morgan returned she introduced an older gentleman dressed in a suit, although his hair was white, he still look like he was in great shape. "hey Lace this is Antonio he's my grandfather's right-hand man, he's going to look after the girls for a while." his firm grip surprise me as I shook his hand.

" it's nice to meet you, sir," I greeted, " has anyone got eyes on Hank?" I asked Morgan.

"my men currently have him detained in one of the warehouses," Antonio answered for her, I gave him a nod.

" Alright, why don't you pull Sean from the girls and I'll go upstairs and get Iz and Duke," I said. Morgan and Antonio headed towards the girls as I headed up the stairs. I knocked a few times on Duke door and waited for him to answer. shuffling sounds could be heard from behind the door. A minute later Duke peeked his head out of the door, his face was flushed and he seemed out of breath.

Hey, Lace, he answered, "What's going on?"

"We've got a situation and we need to find Iz now," I answered harsher than I intended but letting him know this was a serious matter.

"Um," he ran his hands through his hair nervously, "give me a minute." he raised a finger before shutting the door in my face.

I heard hushed voices through the door, not knowing who to trust anymore I pounded on the door. "What the hell is going on?" I asked when he opened the door "we've got a serious situation here." I scolded "we need to fins Iz," he smiled sheepishly and stepped aside revealing a half-dressed Iz behind him. "Ooo" I mouthed. "Er. Just meet us downstairs as soon as you're dressed," I blurted out and raced back down the hall.