Prologue: Trickery

Unknown day, 1782

"I know you have yet to tell him Mister Graves."

"And how do you know I have not, Assassin?"

"Because, Templar, I know for a fact that your Grand Master would love to gloat about having an Assassin under lock and key. He would have come to see me by now, I mean, you have had me locked up here for what, two weeks now? Come now Mister Graves, I am no idiot."

"You got caught did you not? I think that is pretty stupid."

"What do you think your Grand Master is going to do if he finds out about me, but not from your mouth? He will not be best pleased I imagine."

"Shut your gob, filthy Assassin."

And I had him hook, line and sinker. Mister Harrison Graves was a very prideful man, and just the idea of Templar Grand Master Benedict Lock being angry with him, was enough to ruffle his feathers. I had successfully tricked him into telling his boss about my capture. I knew the only way I was getting out of this cell, was through his intervention; after all, I am in no way capable of getting myself out of here. As the world slowly grew darker around me, so did my confidence in my abilities; the ever growing darkness was what got me caught in the first place. It pained me to need another's help, especially the help of a Templar Grand Master, but if I wanted to live; I needed his assistance.

As the world around me slowly disappeared from my vision day by day; I knew that the time would come when I would always need another's assistance. My time as an Assassin would be over, as it was, there would be no place in the Brotherhood for a blind woman.