Prologue

Padme Amidala was ready for her senate meeting - as always. She wore an elaborate navy blue gown, with exquisite beading and divine metalwork. A silken cloth lay over her intricately braided hair. In other words, Padme was beginning another day of helping the people she loved and governing her beloved home planet of Naboo. 

Without Anakin. 

Padme hadn't seen Anakin since shortly after they were married; something that gnawed at her soul constantly. The pain of not being able to see her husband hurt her deeply. So deeply it was as if they were stripped of their new born baby - marriage. Padme, at this point on the verge of tears, closed her eyes tightly and imagined the lake on Naboo, where once she and Anakin had been alone, almost a year ago. The quiet, the peace; despite the sheer solitude of the lake country, it never failed to make her feel warm and at home.

Coruscant, on the other hand, reeked of potential to her. That's why she was there of course. With the senate meeting scheduled in one hour, Padme sauntered out to her balcony to watch the city go by. Each building shimmered in the artificial, yet still stunning, light. The entire planet was one big city. It was booming with energy, it was always awake, it never slept. All walks of life in the galaxy had heard of the stronghold of the Galactic Republic for a thousand years. It was spoken of in ancient tales, mythology, textbooks, children's books, and magazines everywhere from the center to the outer rim. Levels and levels of speeders of all variety zipping by, focused only on where they were going. Not paying attention to the ever changing world that was constantly slipping through their fingers. Each speeder contained a being capable of so much...good... and devastating...