Chapter Nine:

All three of us walk home in silence since I didn't want to make a scene in front of everyone. So as soon as Jakob closes the door, I let go of Ethan's hand and storm away.

"What's wrong Skye?" He questions.

This makes me furious; does he seriously not know what he's doing wrong? "Well, I don't know. You were just about to put up a fight with that boy" I fume.

"He would have deserved it; do you even know who he is?" He insists. I sigh and shake my head as he laughs. "You don't know anything about anyone over here Skye; you've been here for like a month. He's been expelled from 4 different schools for doing drugs, alcohol, smoking and he plays girls. He nearly killed someone because he was drink driving in his brothers car."

I couldn't believe it and I didn't want to believe it; the boy who was acting so sincere and loving was that kind of boy, I really couldn't believe it. "He is not that kind, he won't hurt me".

He slowly paces towards me gently grabbing hold of my wrists, "He will hurt you, and I'm not going to let him hurt you so please... please stay away from him". He whispers.

I nod and sigh, just wanting this fight to end but in reality, I wasn't going to stay away from Zane. Ethan wasn't my father, he was meant to be my best friend. He quickly wraps my arms around my waist as I put my chin on his shoulder. I see Jakob staring at me; he notices I'm looking when he mouths the words, 'don't you dare'.
•••
I am so glad it is currently Friday afternoon, although it's for a sad reason, so Ethan and I are at the airport. Fletcher, Jakob, Chris and Sophia decided to come to say goodbye. We both hear our call for boarding and stand up abruptly. I saunter to Fletcher and hug him so tight. "Be careful out there, sis" He whispers.
I nod and release, "Love you Fletch".

"Love you too Skye, say hi to Mike's parents for me." I sigh and nod accepting the request.

I step to the left and hug Sophia, "Tell me everything" she chuckles.

"Of course, I will". I release and jog over to Jakob and Chris who are at the desk leaning on it.
Chris sees me and runs towards me, "My little Skye Skye!" he yells receiving weird glances from everyone. He laughs and wraps his arms around me for a short time and tells me goodbye pushing me towards Jakob.

As soon as I step in front of him he points his index finger at me, "Don't you dare talk to Zane at all"

I roll my eyes, "I won't Jakob, don't worry"

He eyes me suspiciously, "fine, just give me a hug and leave" he tells me. I chuckle and squeeze him tight. When I let go, I wave goodbye to all of them and pull Ethan's arm towards the queue. Turning back around for the last time this weekend, I catch Fletcher looking at me. 'Love you sis' he mouths, I smile and stroll to the aeroplane.

The whole flight was tiring and uncomfortable considering we were planted in our chairs for 6 hours made it boring too. It was now Sunday morning, meaning it was funeral time and then I have to go back to Sydney. We got here late because the plane broke down so we needed to stop for 3 hours, so I haven't seen any of my friends like I had planned to. We spent the whole of yesterday, lounging around and watching movies getting ready to head back home with tears in our eyes. As soon as we got here, we took a taxi straight to Michael's parent's house considering they invited us here and we hopped into the most comfy bed known to man. My black lace dress hung high on my chest but just above my knees, my high heels tapped against the floorboards every time I stepped and my smile faded every time I walked past the mirror.

I stop for a moment and stare at myself; I glide my hands down my waist repeatedly to where my dress puffs out a little bit tilting my head to the side. My blond hair is in a braid, my tan skin vibrant making my freckles more noticeable, my bright green eyes are clear and I notice I have put on weight. "Why does he even like me?" I sigh, deciding that I didn't like myself at all.

"Because what's there not to love?" A voice from behind says.

I spin around, scared until I realise it's my best friend, "Everything, my hair is always a mess, my eyes are too big and they have bags underneath them, I'm fat and I have freckles. I can't even keep my best friend alive, he had to commit suicide just to get away from me." 

He marches over to me, holding my hands in his as he moves my hands to my nose pointing my index fingers at it, then dragging those outwards. "You're freckles are adorable" He moves my fingers to my hair outlining the silhouette, "Your strands of blonde are one of a kind" He then moves my fingers to the corners of my lips, "Your lips are pink and kissable" Slowly, he takes my fingers dragging them to the tips of my eyes, "And..."

"Ow Ethan!" I scream over my laughs.

He places the palm of his hand on my cheek over my eye that he had just poked, "I'm so sorry, Skye. Oh my god, I'm terribly sorry," He says as we laugh away.

We stop simultaneously, "its fine" I chuckle.

"I meant what I said before, Skylar..." I look at him confused. "Your lips are kissable," He whispers as he leans in.

Our lips move as if we were in a magical fairytale and it's the exact moment where the princess finds her prince and they're about to live happily after. His hands move down from my cheek and stop when his hands reach my waist; out of instinct I slowly place my hands around his neck softly. I pull away abruptly, "Whoa whoa, we can't do this. We came here to say good bye to Mikey not shove our tongues down each other's throat" I put my head in my hands trying not to cry.

"We haven't even gotten to that yet, Skye" He tries to lighten the mood and because he is the most gorgeous person on this planet, it works and I'm chuckling away.

"Skylar! Ethan, time to go!" A voice yells from downstairs. Michaels mother, Judy.

Ethan holds his hand out helping me up, "You ready for this?"

"As ready as I'll ever be" I sigh gripping onto his hand tightly.
••••
Okay so another early / late update bc yeah, I finally figured out what was wrong with my wattpad so i can update more regularly now. hope you like this chapter, vote it and comment 🙂

- t 💗