Chapter 12: Facts

Chapter 12: Facts

(Sparklez's POV)

     Martha slumped against the back of her chair with her finger tapping her chin in contemplation when I finished my history of events. "I do wish that you'd said something earlier, Sparklez. This is serious."

     I scuffed my shoe on the floor. "Well, I didn't want to bother you or Dianite, but I guess that's just about impossible now."

     She sighed. "Sparklez, do you know what I have been doing for the past week and a half? Gardening. I barely have a plate to put problems on right now, and I am sure the same goes for my uncle."

     Wag nodded, but whether or not he was agreeing in sense or agreeing in sheer love was unknown. "It's been a bit dull lately, despite the world dying and such. At least this is an issue we can research and try to fix, as opposed to waiting and seeing what happens."

     I shivered as a gust of wind swept over my bare arm. "I'm going to go get a new shirt. That preferably won't get the arm ripped off." I pointedly looked at Andor as I said that, and he shrugged.

     "What can I say? I have become a terrible fan of theatrics."

     "Damn your theatrics!" We all laughed, and once the moment subsided I took the elevator down to my room for a new shirt and jacket. Luckily, I had extras. After I slipped on my shirt I grabbed a jacket and went back up the elevator, but was thrown back on the middle floor as I collided with someone. Andor.

     "Long time no see, Sparklez!" He smiled, and started to pick himself up off the floor. I gave a small chuckle

     "We both know you learned that saying from me." A knock sounded from the door, and I scrambled up to see who it was. It was Sonja.

     "Hey, Sparklez." Her smile was dazzling, yet so commonly worn on her face. I loved it.

     I lightly pushed some hair away from her right eye. "Hi there. What brings you out here?"

     "Well, I was wondering if you wanted to come with me to the Eldrich dimension with me! Are you finished your secret Ianitee stuff?" I looked over to Andor, and he nodded before grabbing an apple that I had on a nearby table.

     "Yeah, we're finished." I turned back to a frowning Sonja. "What's wrong?"

     "Your hair. It's red in the back. Care to explain?" I could feel my panic levels rising, and fought to keep it from showing. If she thought for one minute that I was unsettled by her observation, any chances I would have would be down the drain. 'Crap! What do I say? I don't want to lie to her.'

     "Uhh..." I felt a hand clamp down on my shoulder, and from the corner of my eye I see that it's Andor. I looked back to Sonja, who had pursed her lips in impatience.

     "The blame goes to Wag and I for Sparklez's hair. I doubted that the wizard could change the colour of someone's hair, so he threw a spell to me to do so but it reflected off a nearby mirror and hit Sparklez in the back of the head." I never knew that Andor could be such a quick thinker. It was certainly elaborate.

     Sonja raised an eyebrow. "Is that so?" Andor nudged me, and I clued in.

     "Unfortunately. We're- well, Wag- is going to go look for a reversal."

     The elevator activated, the the wizard himself appeared. "I'm doing what?"

     "Research!" Andor called to where he stood, a commanding look in his blue eyes. Wag nodded, and vanished in the light of a teleportation spell. I turned back to see Sonja leaning against the door frame. She stood up and walked closer to me.