Chapter 2: Trouble in the Jungle

(Sparklez's POV)

     "No Promises!" I heard Tom shout. 'Sweet Ianite, someone's going to get in trouble again.' I took out some dirt blocks and went to work filling in the hole in the ground that Gaines' machine had blown out. I finished up, and started walking to Wag's place on my way to Martha's. I slipped on my angel ring, and my wings spread out behind me. Catching the wind, I sped towards the Wizard's tower.

     I knocked on his door. "Hey, Wag?"

     "Come in, it's open," a cheery and very British voice replied from inside. I stepped in, and soon found him upstairs reading a foreign spell book on his bed. "Ah, Jordan! How are you?"

     I dragged a chair from his desk and sat down opposite to him and his bed. "I should be asking you that. Feeling any better?"

     He shook his head, smiling slightly from under his hood. "I feel fine, but Martha- the kindhearted love- insists that I stay home for a while longer." He flicked the page of his book over. "If this continues I may just go stir-crazy."

     "Well, I was just on my way there for details on this animal she wants me to find tomorrow. I'll try to convince her you release you while I'm there."

     "Much appreciated."

     I stood up and walked to the door. "See you soon, Wag. I hope you feel better!" He waved, and I flew off in the direction of Martha's house. After a bit of flying I reached her house, and spotted her kneeling in her garden trying to tend to a wilting rose.

     She looked up from her flower when I walked to the gates. "Oh, Sparklez, hello."

     "Hey Martha. Flower troubles?"

      "Unfortunately. Just another reason to pray that Steve and Andor return to us. Those two are probably the only ones among us with green thumbs."

     "This is why I only keep fake flowers. So much easier to manage."

     Martha giggled. "Because there's nothing to manage, Sparklez."

     I snapped my fingers. "Exactly!" There was a moment of silence. "Oh, right. I was hoping that you could tell me more about the animal you want me to hunt tomorrow?"

     "The Te-ahi? I don't want you to kill it, I just need you to capture two of them so I can house some."

     "Oh, alright. Anything you can tell me about it?"

     "Well, it's a small, white, cat-like animal that glows blue in the darkness. It has grey stripes down it's back, and usually hangs around the heart of the forest."

     I scratched the back of my neck. "How do I know where the heart of the forest is?"

     "I believe the heart is marked with a giant oak tree in the center of the jungle." She looked in the direction of  the sun, which seemed to be on the decline.

     "Thanks. Well, I should probably start to head back. Anything else?"

     Martha thought for a moment. "Yes, actually. I've read that the Te-ahi have extremely high senses and are very skittish, so I'd advise against flying or the use of weapons and armour. Oh, and bring fish."

     "Hm, now it doesn't sound so easy. Bye, Martha."

     "Goodbye, Sparklez. Be careful."

     "Before I leave, Wag is wanting me to ask for his freedom back."

     She laughed. "Waggles can have it back when his illness fully goes away." I shook my head, smiling broadly. As I began flying, Martha waved and headed inside. As I flew by Wag's tower, I stuck a note to his window.