Chapter 9

Chapter 9 (Fida POV)

"Do you consider this proposal?"

I know what he meant by that.

"Yes."

"I mean, you don't have to rush to answer me of course. Take your time. No rush. I'm fine with whatever your answer will be. Ya cool. No problem you don't have to tell me now. I mean.."

Ifran went on and on until Aqsa snapped her finger in front of his face.

"Brother she said yes so relax," Aqsa said with an amused smile on her face.

"What?" Ifran mumbled, probably unable to process the said information.

"Yes, I said yes to your proposal. Are you ok brother?" I told him again about my decision.

"Oh. Oh! Ok alhamdulillah!" He mumbled still in his trance.

"Wait wait wait. I'm ok but I'm not your brother" He huffed.

"Well, maybe 'cause she is shy to say your name." Aqsa teased me.

"What? No, not like that. I'm not related to him yet and calling him 'uncle' will be weird." I tried to reason with her.

"Not related to him yet huh? I can see where this is going."

"Out of all the things I said, you only get that?" I mumbled feeling a bit embarrassed.

Someone cleared his throat interrupting us. Thank Allah!

"You can call me Ifran. I don't mind. And ya calling me 'uncle' will be totally weird."

I nodded.

"Already agreeing on what she says huh? This is only your first meeting you know!" Aqsa teased him.

Of course, he was embarrassed by that but he quickly recovered and said,

"Sasa I'm not old. So calling me uncle will be a weird thing ok?"

Just then my mother came in.

"Here you two have some tea. Sorry, I had to run some errands." She apologised.

I didn't even notice her walking out. I think I was too engrossed in this meeting and my mother left me literally alone in this house with Aqsa and Ifran.

After few minutes Ifran and Aqsa left. I went to my room to remove my hijab and abaya. I felt sleepy so I decided to take a nap.

"Fida"

Why always my naps are being interrupted?

"Fida! where are you?"

Can't I have a peaceful sleep? I tried to go back to my dreamland that just began when someone rudely disturbed it.

"Fida, get up. Why are you always sleeping? Aren't you lazy enough? Get up Fida." My mother shouted at me.

"Ok ok, I'm up!" I said, not even moving an inch.

"FIDA"

Ugh.. I got up and went to the washroom to freshen up.

"Your room is very untidy. Go clean up now." My mother ordered me.

I nodded and went back to my room. Just when I thought I could just fell back to sleep,

"Don't try to go back to sleep Fida. I can watch you from here." My mother yelled.

I groaned and started to sweep the floor.

"What will I do if she is like this at her in-laws?" She mumbled to herself.

"I heard that ma!" I said "I will tell Ifran and his family about this before marriage. You don't have to worry."

"What? Why are you going to do that?" She said coming into my room.

"Well, they have to know about me before marrying off their son and what kind of daughter in law, they will be getting," I said not realising that I haven't told them about my decision. Shit!

"Tell Irfan? Am I missing something here?" She questioned.

I sighed.

"Ya." I gave a weak reply.

"Which is?"

"I said yes to him ma!" I whispered.

I don't know about anyone else but this is getting more awkward for me.

"You said yes to him? Directly?"

"Uh ya. But I asked some questions first, though. And I have done istigafr before this meeting. So it seems right to me."

"That's good to hear Fida. I'm going to tell your father too."

She went to fetch her phone. She talked to my father and then called my-supposedly-in-laws, Irfan's parents to inform about the decision. They begin to fix a meeting to discuss the marriage and all.

That's it? I wonder. Maybe this is a sign that maybe just maybe marriage won't be tough and hard as I thought at all.

______________________________

Suprise!!!!?!

Another chapter in 24 hours? (Plus few mins)

I couldn't sleep so I thought why not write another chapter and here it is. I basically write/wrote most of this book after midnight.

Please

Vote

And

Comment

Thanks for reading my book!

And I'm not sure when will the next chap be updated. My classes are starting next week (from May 3). So see ya!

Bashayar