Chapter 10

Chapter 10:

'Never did I imagine I'd be spending the night, snuggled up in the heat of my own bed, with a man who loves me and treats me like a princess. So the tables do turn... Turns out they were wrong!

My parents...

They were totally wrong!'

Elizabeth's thoughts raced through her head as she woke up after spending the night with Damon in bed.

She lay on her back as she looked up at the ceiling. Her eyes fixed on the light above them. Damon was cuddled up to her, his strong arms wrapped around her small body protectively as he nuzzled his head into her shoulder while he slept peacefully.

She then began to think back to her childhood... Her lonely, sad childhood.

Flashback:

"Your pathetic! You stupid little b*tch! Can't you do anything right?" Her mother yelled, slapping her across the face, leaving a crimson red hand mark in it's place.

"Ow! But mom, I-" Elizabeth tried to stand up to her, tried to tell her it want her fault dad had passed away. She was soon stopped by being beat, hit with all the force her mother had until she had nothing left.

Leaving her in her room to cry, feeling weak and aching in every limb she had.

"Ow!" She yelped as she attempted to stand up.

It was no use. She slowly dragged her limp body to her bed, grabbing her throw and wrapping it around her, shaking in the corner. As she cried. She began to sing.

"Playground, school bell rings, again... Rain clouds come to play.... Again.... Has no one told you she's not breathing.... Hello? I'm your mind.... Giving you, someone to talk to.... Hello?"

With that... She slowly fell asleep in the cold, darkness of her room. Waiting for it all again tomorrow. Then the next day. And the next. And the next....

Reality:

Suddenly taken back by her flashback, she turned on her side and snuggled into Damons chest as she sobbed quietly.

Damon began to wake up, hearing her sobs and feeling her warm tears on his bare chest.

Looking down, he sees her crying, his expression worried and sad.

"Hey.... Baby? Why are you crying?" He asked, pulling her closer and stroking her hair.

"J-j-just when I was a-a-a child... M-my mother, s-s-she blamed my f-fathers death o-on me... She h-hit me, e-every night." Elizabeth sobbed her confession without even thinking.

She trusted him, he knew what it was like to be hit, he knew her pain, so she had no reason to hesitate, telling him the truth.

Damons eyes were wide and his mouth open in shock.

"Baby, I'm here now... You don't have to worry about that anymore. I'll protect you." He whispers, kissing her head softly.

Elizabeth nodded and slowly but surely, began to calm down.

"T-thank you." She whispers, slowly looking up into his eyes.

His eyes filled with sadness, tears glossing over his eyes as he looked at her, seeing how upset she was.

"W-why are you c-crying?" Elizabeth asked softly, stroking his cheek gently with her thumb.

"I hate seeing you cry... I don't want you to be sad." He whispers, looking down sadly as he hugged her.

"I love you. Seeing you sad makes me sad too." He gently states, leaning into her touch.

Elizabeth smiled slightly.

"Don't cry for me. I love you. So don't cry." She says quietly, kissing his nose with the softest touch.

"I'll try." Damon sighs, kissing her lips softly in return before pulling her closer to him, resting her head on his chest, just so she could hear his rapid heartbeat.

"You hear that? That's what you do to me, make my heart race." He admits with a small blush on his cheeks.

Elizabeth giggled and grabbed his hand, placing it over her heart with a smile, her heart beating the same as his.

"And you do this to me." She murmmers, smiling up at him.

"Not everyone finds love the first time round, but it may only be my second and I think I've found what love truely is!" Elizabeth admits, kissing his lips softly once more, hovering over his for a few moments after, Damon pulled away and hugged her tight.

"I love you Elizabeth... So much." He whispers and slowly closed his eyes.

"I love you too." She whispers back, slowly closing her eyes and falling asleep again with him.

************************************

So... Elizabeth and Damon aren't so different after all!

But at least she trusts him!

Anyone think he's putting on that he cares? Just curious! Not telling if he is or not though!

But I thought it was cute anyway!

And Awww they love each other!

Shame she's in the dark!

Anyway! Let me know what you think!

Comment!

Vote!

Kisses xoxox.