The front door of my house closed and my parents walked side by side down the steps.

“Carter, do you know where the restaurant is?” my dad asked and he nodded his head.

“No, but I’ll just follow behind you guys” Carter said while walking across the street.

“Okay, we’ll meet you guys there” I said while waving off to my parents and walking with Harry to his car.

“So how do you like my parents so far?” I asked while strapping my seatbelt into place.

From behind, the loud roaring of an engine erupted and I cringed from the loudness. To the left a motorcycle slowly cruised past us and rode up alongside my parent’s car and then I realized it was Carter. I would never thought in a million years that he would have a motorcycle.  They’re dangerous but at least he had a helmet on.

“Yeah, I like your mom more than your dad” he stated and I laughed. My dad always has the tendency of acting intimidating but he’s the complete opposite.

After they were ahead by a good bit, Harry pulled off.

“You know where the restaurant is right?” I asked. I reached down, turning the radio on and flipping through stations.

“Babe, I’ve lived here longer than you have” he chuckled while looking ahead at the road.

“So are you ready to be interrogated by my parents?” I teased while grabbing his hand, our hands both being entwined together.

“Hell fucking no” he scoffed and I giggled.

“I’m already pissed off because that fucker is going to be with us” he said, clearly aggravated.

“Why do you hate him so much? He’s a really great person if you get to know him” I frowned.

“Well, I guess that’s too bad because I’m not trying to get to know him. I don’t fucking trust him and you shouldn’t either.”

“I can trust whoever I want and I happen to trust him” I defended.

“Trust him all you want but what kind of best friend doesn’t remember their best-friend’s parents’ names?” he said while scoffing.

“He probably forgot it something” I shrugged. He made it seem like I had an explanation for that.

“You don’t get what I’m saying London,” he said while gripping the steering wheel and shaking his head from left to right. “The look on his face when he went to go hug your mother and say her name screamed “I don’t know who the fuck you are but I’m going to pretend I do” doesn’t that concern you?” he directed his attention towards me with an exasperated look.

“I just thi-“

“Not only that but your dad even admitted that he didn’t even recognize him when they saw each other at the supermarket” he exclaimed.

“What are you trying to say Harry?”

“I just think you need to open your eyes London and stop being so fucking naïve for once”

“He’s trying to be nice to you Harry but you’re too negative to even notice! You’re getting so worked up over absolutely nothing Harry! He hasn’t even done anything yet for me to be concerned about! I get that you don’t trust him but that’s something you guys need to work out. I’m not just going to disown someone just because you don’t like them!” I concluded while crossing my arms over my chest.

He was about to open his mouth up again to speak but I cut him off.

“Can we just stop talking about it please? I don’t want the night to be ruined because of the animosity between you two” I pleaded as we turned into the parking lot of the restaurant.

His hands were still tightly gripped around the steering wheel as he parked the car.

“Please Harry” I said once again and he sighed.

“Fine”

*********

Harry’s POV

The only sounds that were heard were the clacking of the silverware on the china plates. London finally calmed me down a bit but I was still mad because Carter was sitting across from me so we kept making eye contact. London claimed that she was going to talk to him and I rolled my eyes at that. It doesn’t matter if she talks to him or not, I’m still not going to change my views on him.

“So how did you and my daughter meet?” London’s dad asked while looking over at me.

All eyes were on me and I dreaded this moment for the longest even though I knew it was going to come.

“I saw her the first day at school walking towards the main entrance and I knew I had to talk to her because she was beautiful unlike the girls at our school. I approached her in the hallway when she was by her locker and ever since then I liked her.” I said truthfully. I mean, compared to all the skanks at our school, her beauty doesn’t even compare.

I looked to my side and saw a slight pink tint on London’s cheeks.

“How long have you guys been dating for?”

“It will probably be a month soon” I predicted. It’s almost October, so I can only think it was.

“What are your intentions on my daughter?” he asked and I had to think about it for a second.

This shit is harder than I thought.

“I plan on protecting her with my life and caring for her as well. I intend on being there whenever she needs me and I have no intentions of hurting her purposely.” I answered and then took a drink of water from my glass.

Carter glanced towards me and sneered as I placed my cup back down on the table.

“Tell me about your parents and childhood” he asked and I opened my mouth and then closed it back.

“I don’t really feel comfortable answering that question” I said and I saw London glare at her parents as they mouthed sorry.

“So do you play any sports?’

“Yeah, I’m on the basketball team”

“So what do you like about my daughter most?” Her mother finally asked.

“That’s a hard question but I admire her personality. She has such a big heart and she’s very humorous.”

“What do you plan on doing after high school?” she asked.

“I’m actually planning on becoming a financial analyst” I said with a smile. I was always liked math, so I didn’t bother me.

“I think that’s enough questions, so how are your parents doing Carter?” her dad asked.

I looked over at Carter and I was obvious that he was tongue-tied.