Death And All His Friends

CHAPTER 11

"Skylar!" I screamed when she fell unconscious in my arms. The memories of the night Jake flooded back into my mind. Me holding him, screaming his name, hoping he would come back.

A tear slipped out if my eye.

The nurse looked at me, "Sweetie, it's ok. She just fainted," I almost scoffed but I stopped myself, "She'll wake up soon."

I put my arm under Sky's leg and lifted her up in my arms. I sat us down on a chair.

I looked up at the nurse, "Did you do everything you could?" I said faintly. She stared at me, tears threatening to fall out of her eyes. She just nodded. I gave my attention back to Skylar, hearing the nurse walk away.

"Oh, Sky." I sighed. Her bestfriend just died.

I laid my head back, trying to get comfortable. I finally succeeded, and fell asleep.

I woke with something stirring in my arms. I slowing opened my eyes to see Sky waking up.

"Hi, beautiful." I said to her, trying to lift up her mood, but it failed miserably. She sighed and got up out of my arms and walked over to Madison. She took her hand and starting weeping. She was mumbling things I couldn't understand, but I didn't think I wanted to. She went on for about 20-30 minutes till I finally got up and hugged her from behind.

"Lets get you home, love. You need some rest." She stood up, and kissed Madison's head. She nodded and walked to the door.

I felt the urge to hold her hand, but I held it back, knowing it probably wasn't the best time. Once we arrived to my car I opened the door for her and then got in on my side.

On the way there she didn't say a word, just like I suspected.

"I wish I knew what was going on in her head right now." I thought.

As we walked towards the door of her house I grabbed her hand, I know she wasn't expecting it because she flinched. We stopped at the door and I turned to her.

"Want me to come inside?" I asked in the softest tone I could give.

"Yes, please." I took her hand again and opened the door with my other one. I walked her up to her room and sat on her bed.

She lingered in front of me not knowing what to do, "How about you get ready for bed, huh?"