Lost!

"When the truth is, I miss you

Yeah the truth is, that I miss you so"

Warning sign.. Coldplay.

CHAPTER 10

I miss seeing her amazing smile. Everyday she stares into mid-space, eyes watery, and doesn't talk. I haven't seen her smile for over a month and a half. Madison's heart rate is slowing down more, day by day, and each time, a chance for Skylar to smile goes away.

"Hey, Sky." I said to her as I walked into the hospital room. It seems like I'm here spending my days with her then going home to my dad, but I can't say I'm not enjoying it.

"Hi." She let out. I walked over to her, lightly grabbed her chin and kissed her soft, lips quickly and stepped back to look at her. By then she already turned her head back to look at something, her cheeks were red, showing that she had cried. She was wearing my grey sweatshirt I gave her to wear the other day when it was cold, and dark blue skinny jeans. She looked beautiful, but she always does.

"Come here." I said to her, she looked at me with sad eyes, and slowly got up. I embraced her with the most loving hug I could give her.

"Hey, kids." I heard someone say behind me. I let go and saw Skylars mom walk in.

"Hello, Mrs. Evans." I've seen Skylars mother many times the past 6 weeks, she comes to check on her a couple days of the week.

Her family has barley seen her. She is there day to night, she would get home late and go straight to bed, stressed out and tired from the day. I would go home a couple hours before she did most of the time.

"Please, for the last time, call me Julie." She smiled, I smiled back and looked to Skylar.

"Hi, mom."

Julie sighed, "How are you today, sweetie." She just shrugged and turned her attention to Madison. Her mom slowly walked to me and whispered in my ear.

"When do you think she will get out of this state, Ian." She asked helplessly.

"I don't know." I whispered back. All of a sudden Skylar whipped her head back and looked at us with frustration.

"What are you two talking about?" Her voice raised.

"It's nothing, honey." Her mom said nonchalantly back. She scoffed.

"Whatever, I'm going to listen to music, so don't try to talk to me." I looked at her with sad eyes and just nodded.