“I uh… I can’t tell you,” I said shoving my hands in my pockets remembering it as one of the guy-like gestures the twins told me.

He stared at me, as if he was studying me. I cleared my throat. “Thanks for helping me.”

“No problem,” he said coolly.

“Why’d you ask for cherries?” I asked curiously.

He looked confused, “Why I asked for –“

Then he broke into a grin. “Oh, that. I didn’t ask for fruits. I called a girl.”

My eyes widened, “The blond girl?”

He nodded. “Yup. She’s Cherry Tayner. Captain of the cheerleading squad. West’s fan, or more like his stalker. No doubt they’re kissing right about now, so you don’t have to worry, he won’t be bothering you for a while.”

I couldn’t speak.

“Hey, you don’t look so good,” something about that fake worried tone seemed familiar and I pushed away the fist that was tightening around my heart. I brought my eyes to him and found him grinning. “What?” I demanded.

“Nothing… dude.”

This guy was creeping me out. Behind the door, I could hear the party raging on and I wondered when this guy would leave. Yeah he saved me and all, but he was weird. Hot, but weird.

I scratched the wig. “Listen, uh…” I realized that I don’t even know his name. “What’s your name again?”

He gave me a cocky smile instead of answer.

Just then, we heard footsteps and I didn’t think. I quickly pulled on the guy’s hand and dragged him to the back of the couch. I ignored the amused look on his handsome face and waited as the footsteps neared. It sounded like a couple fighting. If they turned out to be West and Cherry, I don’t know what I’d do.

The door opened.

“What’s your problem Scar?”

That voice…

“I don’t have a problem Ricky!”

“You do. Now just spit it out already,” he said.

“Just shut up,” Scarlet said. Whoa… they’re fighting. I’ve never heard Scarlet raise her voice at anyone except the twins. And what’s more, this time she sounds really pissed.

I crawled to the side of the couch to get a look at what’s happening without getting seen. I glanced back in time to see my new cocky friend lean against the back of the couch and grin, as if he was enjoying what he was hearing.

I decided to ignore him thinking that if I said something Scarlet and Ricky might hear me and it would look like I was eavesdropping. And Scarlet, hopefully, won’t recognize me.

Ricky was also looking angry. He was leaning against the wall and staring at Scarlet. He was really cute, his caramel-colored hair was tousled and he was wearing a simple gray shirt and dark jeans. His hands were crossed over his chest as he sighed and said, “Scarlet.”

Scar looked really pretty. She was wearing a hanging pink blouse and a cute brown skirt along with her stylish brown boots. She was really angry though, and somehow I got the feeling she’d cry and hit Ricky at any moment. “Scarlet,” Ricky said again.

“Stop calling my name dammit!” she snapped.

Ricky frowned. “Why did you pour punch on Evelyn?”

I looked at my friend for an answer on who Evelyn was, he threw me a mischievous grin and held out his phone where it said “Evelyn’s Ricky’s ex.”