The Decision

VOTE COMMENT FOLLOW SHARE

Faith

"I have made my decision, Mother," I mumbled.

"What is it, sweetie?" My mother asked,

I sighed, as I sauntered to her, "I'm going to meet him."

I looked at my mother, her beautifully crafted face absent of any emotion.

"oh," she said softly,

"You're going to bring him here?"

I remained silent, knowing my mother, she had more to say.

"I don't think it'll be a good idea to bring a mortal here." She stated, emphasizing 'mortal'.

"I know," I breathed out.

I faced her, determined, "That's why I will go under."

My fate, alone, being mated with a mortal mate, was already a shame to our family. Being one of the most respected and wise Goddess ever created to be with a weakling mortal, would've made anyone bark out a laugh. It was pathetic, and my acknowledgment of it made it more humorous.

My mother gasped, looking at me; outraged.

"Are you sure about this decision?"

"Don't you think you're being a bit rash about this?" She ended impassively.

My mother loved verbally expressing her judgment of the mortals, she was not one to shy away from telling you exactly what came to her mind. It was a good trait in some circumstances, but mostly not. She didn't have a filter and that's exactly what ticked my frustration.

"I know," I defended.

She looked at me, bleakly, before looking straight forward once again.

"No matter what I tell you,"

"You'll still go, wouldn't you?" She said softly.

"I believe that I have the right to make my own decisions," I explained.

Her profile was beautiful. Golden locks, tucked behind her ear, showcasing her beautiful pointed nose, perfectly sculpted cheeks, thin lips and lengthy lashes. She glanced at me, emotionless at first, then her lips turned upwards into a small smile.

"Then I don't really have a choice, don't I?"

I hated to admit it, but she was right. I didn't speak to her to ask for approval, I spoke to her to bid goodbye.

"When are you leaving?" she asked.

"Now,"

I saw her shoulders fall before she fixed her posture once again.

A Goddess must never lose her composure.

"Does your father know?"

"He does not," I informed.

"He still hasn't acknowledged my mortal mate, and I don't see any reason to give insight into closed minds. He made it public that he detest my fated half for being a mortal and a shame."

I was angered and pained by my father's words. I couldn't see any reason to try and come to an agreement with my him and I have put it to myself to no longer waste my time. I undoubtedly knew my mate was weak if he were to be compared to me, but to other mortals, he was strong.

He was an Alpha, of one of the biggest packs existing and that made my heart swell with pride.

"I'll talk to him." she offered.

I smiled, "Thank you, Mother."

We stood there, observing the kingdom that laid in front of us. My mother gracefully sashayed and close the distance between us. Gently tucking a lock of jet black hair behind my ear and soothingly placing a hand on my cheek. I leaned on her palm shamefully, making the most of the time we had left. Who knows when I would see her again. I looked at her, bright emerald eyes shining down at me, contradicting my plain brown eyes.

"I'll let you go," She murmured.

"But promise me you'll be safe."

I nodded, wrapping my arms in her petite figure as she returned my embrace.

"If you ever need me, I'll be up here." She gently kissed my forehead, breaking our embrace.

I swallowed the heaviness in my chest as I stared at her beautiful face, "I love you."

She smiled, showing her pearly whites, "I love you more."

I parted ways with my mother, bid my goodbye and waited for nightfall to come. I observed the enormous golden gates that led to the mortal world. I marched towards the gates, then my feet froze, unable to make any movement. Self-doubt started to crawl it's way to my brain, over analyzing all the possibilities.

Do I really want this?

'Of course, you're about to meet our fated half.' My Goddess and wolf chimed in.

'What if he rejects us?' I offered.

'No such thing, we are beautiful.' My Wolf informed.

I smiled slightly, 'I hope so.'

Memories of this kingdom flashed to my brain. How Gods and Goddess have bluntly made known their opinions of my mortal mate. How it was such a shame to have a poor of an excuse of a mate. I have learned to keep my head high and stand my ground as I contradicted their judgment. To be blessed with a mate, mortal or not, is a wonderful blessing itself.

Being the Moon Goddess, one of the strongest Goddess ever created and withheld with the blissful power of pairing creatures with their fated halves.

I knew better than those lowlife Gods and Goddesses who couldn't keep their mouth shut. For the strongest God himself, to pair one of his most powerful child, to a mortal, must have a deeper meaning than what meets the eye. It was unusual, but there was 'out to be a reason. And I would have never passed the pleasure of finding the reason out, myself.

As I glanced one last time to the kingdom I have known to call home, whispering a goodbye, and walking towards the golden gates of the under.