"You used someone to get over that rumour?" Eli's voice was very sharp.

"No!" Wes said defensively. "Leah knew what she was doing!"

"Leah Adams?!" Eli exclaimed. Who Leah Adams was, I had no idea. Award for living under a rock, goes to Kitty Proud!

"And her sister, Sarah Adams," Jordan chuckled. Was it just me, or did Wes look uncomfortable as he flexed his hand unconsciously.

"Oh, god," I groaned. I was actually fed up with talk about Wes' experiences. "Enough about Wes' endless sex life."

"Jealous?" Wes wriggled his eyebrows at me.

"No!" I exclaimed. But, that was a lie. I hoped my blushing cheeks wouldn't give me away. Silence fell. Wow, I dug my own grave on this one.

"Well," Eli announced after the silence had stretched for a second too long. She stretched her arms over her head in an exaggerated manner. "I think I'm going to call it a night."

"Well we have another long day ahead," Jordan grinned. Eli, Jan and I groaned in unison.

"Oh god, what do you have in store for us tomorrow? Does it at least involve waking at a decent hour?" she grumbled, getting up and crossing her arms over her chest as she looked down at them.

"Of course not!" Wes laughed.

"Screw you morning people," I grumbled.

"It'll be fun!" Jordan exclaimed. "We're going biking!"

"Finally!" Eli celebrated. "An activity that doesn't involve drowning!"

"Well," Wes said slowly. "We didn't say where or in what we'll be biking."

"You've got to be joking," her eyes widened in worry. I could see her beginning to panic.

"I'm joking," Wes rolled his eyes at her.

She moved over and slapped Wes over the head. He yelped in surprise.

"Well, goodnight all!" Eli yawned, retreating to the tent. I saw Jordan look after her longingly and knew he was going to make an excuse really soon to head in after her. Sorry Jordan, not tonight. I faked a yawn and stretched my legs out in front of me.

"Well, I'll probably call it a night, too," I announced to the rest. "Since some two guys compromised on my sleep."

"If you know what I mean," Wes smirked, wriggling his eyebrows at me suggestively.

"Oh, god," I groaned. "I guess I asked for that one."

"Yes, you did, Kitty," he laughed. "Yes, you did."

We all groaned at his sexual innuendos. I guess I could always count on Wes to be Wes- unfazed. 

However, despite his joking tone, when his eyes locked on mine for the first time since we had gotten back to our camp site, I could tell something was wrong. His eyes were controlled, guarded. His jaw was slightly more firmly set than usual.

I mentally shook myself out of this and bid the rest goodnight before heading in after Eli. I threw off my jumper and settled into my side of the tent in a singlet and shorts. Snuggling into my blanket, my eyes were wide awake. I mentally cursed myself as I forgot that I don't usually sleep for another several hours. Well, I guess staring up at this tent roof is better than spending more awkward time with Wes. My heart gave a tug. At least it knew where it wanted to be.

"What're you doing here?" Eli muttered, her voice already sleepy. I always envied her ability to easily fall asleep. Any time. Anywhere.

"Waiting for aliens to take me," I responded.

"Weirdo," Eli mumbled, moving to rest on her other side, facing me.

"You know you love me," I laughed, rolling over to my side to look at her. Now we were face-to-face.

"Unfortunately," she smiled, her eyes drooping.

"Go to sleep, child," I softly said, laughing. "You prince outside will ward off any evil while you fall into a deep, peaceful slumber."

"Prince Jordan, huh," she giggled, her voice already sluggish as she drifted off to sleep, a small smile plastered on her face.

I tucked her blanket higher over her before rolling back onto my back. I could hear footsteps approaching the tent and quickly rolled onto my other side, closing my eyes to feign sleep. Jordan and Wes unzipped their tent and slid in, lying down to sleep.

"Bro, I'm telling you," Wes was whispering. "This time is as good as any."

"I don't want to hear that from you," Jordan whispered back, tugging his blanket over him.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"We had a deal, remember?" Jordan.

"That's an old deal," Wes protested.

"A deal's a deal," Jordan's voice was defiant.

"Whatever," Wes sighed. I had absolutely no idea what they were talking about. I tried to keep still, keeping my breathing level and constant so they wouldn't realise that I was awake.

About a half hour later, I assumed they had fallen asleep. They had both become very quiet and still. I visibly relaxed. Okay, so what do I do now?

"Kitty," Wes whispered into the tent. I froze in shock. Should I reply? Should I keep pretending to sleep?

"Meet me by the lake when you feel like it," he sighed. I heard him quietly get up and slip through the tent. "I'll be there all night."

My heart was beating frantically as I vowed to stay silent. Surely he wouldn't stay there all night?

I think my favourite character so far has to be Kevin...
Yes, I'm a little biased but he's just too awesome
~ TheNightMarauder