The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Thirteen.

Start from the beginning

He chuckled down at her, "I don't think I could handle to stubborn women.", he said, kissing her cheek. My eyes widen when I saw her cheeks blush up. What the Hell? Her cheeks never blushed up like that!

What a minute. He was holding her from behind and he just kissed her cheek. They can't be...

"A-are you two...together?", I asked, a little frighten at what my answer could be.

My mom bit down on one side of her lip and nodded, "Yes. You don't mind, do you, sweetie?",

Shocked, I just stood there, my mouth hanging open a little. I didn't know how to respone to that. First, she leaves him cause she didn't want to be with him anymore, now she wants to be again! Doesn't she has some kind of restraining ordering against him or something? Ah, hell.

And I don't think I can handle Dylan being around all the time! I'm having a hard time ingesting this news. I mean, it's not like I can say she can't be with him since I shouldn't have a say in who she dates. And I can't really tell her no, that my father just died, but that'll be a lie and selfish of me. My dad died two years ago, maybe it'll be good for her to date again....

But why does it have to be with Dylan!

I saw smoke come up from behind my mom and my eyes widen, "Mom!", I yelled, pointing behind her. She forwards her eyebrows, but when she sniffed the eyes, her eyes also widen and she turned around and cursed under her breath.

She grabbed the spatula and took the pan off the stove. "Damn it!", she cursed again when she walked over to the trash and threw away the brunt pancake. She walked back over to the stove and put the pan and spatula down. "Sorry,", she said to me.

I just quickly rolled my eyes and walked over to the window that was in the kitcken and opened it to let the smoke out. I shivered when the cold October air hit me. I walked back into the living room and grabbed the blanket and wrapped it around me. I went back into the kitchen and sat down at the table. I played with my hair as my mom retired making the breakfast.

I saw someone sit across from me and I didn't have to look up to see it was Dylan. I looked up and he gave me a small smile, "You know what you use to do when you got cold? You use to snuggle right up real close to me since my body temperature is hotter than yours. I actually have a picture of one time when you were almost one.",

"I don't remember.", I said. "I don't remember much before nine.",

"It's okay. I have a lot of pictures of us together. I just wish I had some more of you growing up. I wish I was there to watch you grow up-",

"Since it is my business," I said, looking at my mom. "What happened? Why did you keep him away? I mean, I know it's because...he's different. But there has to be another reason.",

She sighed, "I was selfish and wanted to hurt Dylan. When I met him in High School...he ignored me, yet I had his attention. When I gave myself a makeover, I only did to get back at him like you did...before I found out that boy, Shawn's, a wolf too. You were everything to Dylan, so I thought if I kept you away, he'll know the hurt and frustration I had when I wanted to be with him so badly."

She turned around to turn off the stove and walked over to sit next to me, "I just going to explain everything. Mating very powerful thing and I was and still am--even though I can't help it--in love with Dylan. I loved your father, Jackson, it's just Dylan had my love a little bit more. What we have is soul deep--literally. But since I am stubborn, I wanted him to hurt. I was a teenager and thought stupid. I stayed away from him after the whole court crap happened.

"So, last night when I got home, he came over. I demanding him to leave, but he's just so God damn annoying and wouldn't leave!", she said, rolling her eyes and groaned in frustration. "I swear, I was about to kick him out myself and you know I'm not weak, I'm pretty strong, but I'll doubt I would have gotten his ass out since he is stronger. We talked about you mostly. He wants to be in your life again and he said if he has to go back to court just for you, he'll do it. Then, we talk about us. I was mad about him bring it up and next thing I know, our lips found each other and then you know the rest.",