Chapter 38 - "With Our Alpha Libido I Think We Can Go Up To Round Twelve."

Start from the beginning

Old Beta Ezra would've burst out laughing at my serious expression, and would've patted my back and directed me to the nearest mental asylum.

This is not him though.

"It was good. How was yours?" He asks in a monotonous voice, looking at me once again in the reflection.

"Awesome." I lie, thinking back to the time when Ms. Smith gave me a disapproving look for being distracted in class, and the time when Mr. White raised a bushy brow with a flat expression, the moment he caught me looking out the window.

Hey, you can't blame me for my behavior.

You can only guess where my thoughts were.

Yep, that's right.

"So . . . " Beta Ezra stands up, dusting his pants self consciously, "Ditch the 'Beta' title, please. Call me, Ezra. And I'll call you Micajah."

"What?"

"I reckon you telling someone that 'nobody ever calls you Micajah'," He quotes, smirking slightly.

I gape at him, stunned. "What—how, wait, did you overhear—?"

"Walls have ears, Micajah. See you soon. Hopefully without that flower. And I forgot to tell, I've sent Seneca to the spa for a few hours. Get it done." He winks and spins on his heel, strutting out of my room, leaving me behind with flaming cheeks and a round of frustratingly unanswered questions.

•••

"Where are we going?" Seneca asks for the five-hundred thousand eight hundred and fifty-third time, making me smirk.

We're sitting in the backseat of a limo.

I lean forward and kiss her blindfolded eyes, clutching her hands tighter in mine. "You look like a Goddess." I whisper in her ear, letting my lips trail down and place two little kisses on the rapidly darkening red stain coating the apples of her cheeks.

It's true. I'm not fibbing. Seriously.

The pure white Grecian Goddess dress with its one shoulder and the elegant updo of her ruby red hair looks fan-fuckin'-tastic, the vibrant shade a stark contrast to the complete absence of color in her outfit.

Thank Goddess she's not wearing make-up. I'd bet any day that she looks better without it.

"You're changing the topic. Tell me where we're going. My Wolf is going crazy, you know, her Alpha tendencies to know everything all the time." She persists, and I sigh exasperatedly.

"Yeah, like you're not curious."

"Nah, it's just my Wolf. She is your Alpha after all."

"Then, just shut up, Alpha." I order, subtly shifting her away from the closed window. I grin wider when the destination comes into view, getting anxious once again.

Finally. This girl would've made my hair go white with all her stupid questions—scratch that, almost white hair, whiter. "We're here." I announce, feeling all jittery and nervous as the car rolls to a stop.