" I told that fact to you, stupid. Tell me what else you have found out."

" Well sir, her father, Akshad Rao is dead. "

" What? When did he die? "

" Sir according to our sources, seven months ago. "

The man started breathing slowly. He asked, " And what else? "

" She gave divorce to her husband. "

" His name? "

" Indrajeet Rao. "

" Why did this marriage took place? "

" It was Durga's mother, Neeravati, who wanted to see this marriage. But cancer took her away. She made Akshad promise that this marriage should take place. "

" When did the marriage happened? "

" When Durga was 18 years old. "

" What? "

" After Durga's 18th birthday, Indrajeet came to Durga Nilaya claiming for Durga's hand. Akshad told that his daughter was too young. But Akshad had to give in when Indrajeet made him remind him of his dead wife's wish. "

" So what happened which made Durga take such a drastic step? "

" We haven't found out yet. Their first year of marriage was normal. But things started falling out when she wrote an article. "

" An article? On what? "

" We are searching for that article in local newspaper. We have no idea about the article. We just know it is about a goddess."

" And?"

" Akshad got his first stroke, four years back. Durga insisted that her father should live in Bengaluru till his condition improves. Then he got another stroke a year back. He died after five months due to multiple organ failure."

" You may leave."

The man left the room. The man, with demanding voice, took a diary from his shelf. He sat on the chair, in his office. His office was a small one. His shelf was filled with numerous historical books. He flipped through the pages of diary and took out a photo.

Durga where are you? I had promised your father to take care of you. Where have you gone?

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

On reaching home, Durga rubbed her brow. She tried to divert her mind by reading a book on Indian history. The pain didn't reduce.

My head hurts a lot. I should take a nap for sometime.

Lost in her dreams, Durga saw her past. One of the past memories that happened to her within the span of five years.

" What are you saying Indrajeet? Stroke? I will be there."

Durga quickly rushed to Fortis hospital where her father was admitted. Her father had come to visit few days. It was difficult for her to go out these days. After all the marks on her arms, she would try her best to hide it. She urgently enquired her father's details at the reception and ran to her father's room. She was informed that her father was in I.C.U.

" Indrajeet! What happened to Appa?"

" He got heart attack." said Indrajeet, in an irresponsible tone.

Durga looked at him unbelievably. She thought how could she call such a person her husband. She wanted to know the reason. She knew her father had lots of worries but he wasn't this weak. " Let me reframe my question. How did this happen?"

" He asked whether I beat you or not."

" And-and what did you say?"

" I told him yes. He clutched his chest and fell down."

" What? How could you even... how could you even tell him? I hid this fact from him and you told him?"

" Did I tell you to hide it? Why don't you listen to your husband?"

Durga looked at him with fury. Indrajeet looked frightened for a while. But he recovered soon. Clutching Durga's left arm, covering his arm neatly in her saree's pallu, Indrajeet hissed, " I don't understand what is your problem Durga. A woman should always listen to a man. Get it into your puny brain as fast as possible."

Durga looked at him with disgust. A part of her wanted to slap him. Slap him really hard. She wanted to savour the moment when his cheek would turn red. But she had a worst fear. What if he would again tie her up and beat her? Like the last time. She wasn't given food for two days. This time she needed to support her father. Take care of his health.

Durga opened her eyes wide. She sat up. She was sweating a lot. She wiped her sweat on her forehead. She went near the photo of Goddess Durga and said, " When I wanted to forget everything and wanted to start from beginning why are these thoughts haunting me? What have I done to get such a punishment? "

Durga broke into a cry, " I was a good daughter, a good wife, yet... yet what did he do... he beat me up... he tied me to a chair... he removed his belt and... and... he beat me up... he beat me up..."

Durga started sobbing loudly. She sunk into the ground. She rested her head, which was still heavy, sobbing. She tried to draw support from the wall and continued to cry till she drifted into sleep. Where she saw another incident from her past.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

There are specific days to worship major Gods and Goddesses. The order is
Monday - Lord Shiva
Tuesday - Lord Hanuman
Wednesday - Lord Ganesha
Thursday - Sai Baba
Friday - All goddesses
Saturday - Lord Shani
Sunday - Lord Surya
This order is told to me by my grandmother. She believes that worshipping gods and goddesses on these days specifically will benefit the worshippers. She also believes that these Gods and Goddesses were born on these days. It is practised even today.

Mango showers : Also called Kalbaisakh in West Bengal

Pallu : It is the starting portion of the saree. I thought it was the ending portion but my mom told it is the starting portion. When your mom says you should never argue. Don't you think so?

Let me make it clear that it not a cheesy or filmi chapter. There is a reason that Rudra has Durga's picture.

I have never been to this temple so I couldn't give much of description. I had to search on the internet but I couldn't find much information.

So Durga is stuck between her past. A past where she was a wife. Subjected to domestic violence. What will happen next?

How does the man know about Durga?

What had he promised to Akshad?

Thank you for reading.