Chapter 15: Stop.

My blood was boiling, as I ran out the tent, seeing the desertedness of our camp. Exasperation filled me with each thought and with each step into the forest.

The lanterns were hanging in the corners of the tents, with Owen scanning the light over the paper with the drawn map, with observations on the sides. Zach's arms were separated, with his palms facing opposite directions, as he held himself up. Owen was scanning the whole map, trying to find any passageways.

"Alright, Jessie – can you call this number and explain what's happening?" Claire asked me, sliding me a piece of paper.

"Who does this call? Why?" I inquired, refusing to call anyone unhelpful or someone unknown. Claire groaned, before handing the phone to Zach.

"Zach, call the number." And of course, he complied. I looked at him with a death glare. He just listens to authority these days, listen's to what he's supposed to do...why doesn't he question anything? Why does he just listen? People need to learn to stand up – to not always listen to the government, and listen to themselves.

"Jessie, it won't help not doing anything." Zach mumbled, noticing the look in my eye. "You need to listen people, not just questi-hello, this is Zach." I rolled my eyes. He is so submissive...you have to make sure you understand what is happening, what you're doing for somebody or what you're doing in general before actually doing it. He could be causing even more pain.

Always question 'the man', no matter how stupid that sounds...well, at leats just ask why. Always ask why.

I groaned, "this is going to take for f*cking-ever."

"Language!" Claire screamed, holding her own phone next to her ear.

"Yeah, cool, f*ck that." I stated. "Listen, dinosaurs are going to die. I'm not going to waste my time in this place. You're prolonging this fight." Everything is going slowly, the way they wrote on the paper played at an agonisingly slow time. "I'm going to stop giving a f*ck about your thoughts right now. Yes, I know you're practically my aunt, but right now, you're a thorn on a rose. Dinosaurs are beautiful, and you're letting them get killed."

"Jessica!" My uncle screamed, looking me in the eye.

"You know, you were never like this." I looked him dead in the eye, "You used to not give a sh*t if I swore, we used to talk like whatever, and you used to put these dinosaurs before anything else." I sighed, "what happened?"

"Jessica, just stop." He screamed once more. "You have to stop acting like a whining child, stop asking questions and do stuff. You're being useless, you might as well have left the island with the others."

"You know what?" I asked, slipping on my backpack. "You're right. I'm leaving. Zach, Owen – I thought you were better than this, and Claire – I knew you'd always come back to this." I stormed out the tent, backpack on back with my hair up in a ponytail. "Okay, time to look for him."

I now found myself in the depths of the area, already lost from the camp and where I was. I'm in deep shit. 

WAS JESSIE BEING REASONABLE? WHAT DO YOU THINK?