Chapter 5: You Found Me

I crept into the overgrown forest; the old emerald color green leaves have turned a dark green. The grass scratched against my ankles, surely leaving marks. I found myself walking for ages, lost somewhere in these woods. If I haven't paid attention to where I was going, I wouldn't have known the direction I came from.

The original guest paths have faded away; disappearing while the trees slowly moved around, nothing was the same as I have hoped. I looked back, checking to make sure I left footprints in the mud to find my way back. I saw traces of my footprints, faded enough to not lead people where I was, however visible enough to get me back to base. Perfect, I praised silently.

I heard noises from birds and possible dinosaurs, and the crunching of leaves. I'm so happy I wasn't wearing anything fancy, nor packed anything even remotely fancy. Everything I brought was perfect for this. Unfortunately, I also brought a lot of shorts, meaning I'd get very dirty and scratched legs.

Soon, I was left alone with my thoughts. I couldn't believe Zach came, he told me he sworn off this island. He sent me an email, days after our break up saying my obsession with this place was unhealthy, when I only talked about this place once.

Suddenly, my heart dropped and everything seemed to slow down even more. I turned around and saw a disastrous dinosaur in front of me, her mouth wide open with teeth sharp. The roaring became a slow mo effect from a horrible Jurassic movie, where I seemed to have been blown away.

And I was in somebody's arms, sprawled on to the mud floor, with however it was holding my arms down and keeping me on the mud. I looked up, and spotted Zach's floppy quiff fringe falling down towards me like a waterfall stopped almost immediately. His brown eyes stared deeply through mine, holding much more meaning and emotion than 'shut up, or we're going to die'.

"Shhh." He hissed softly as the suchomimus started walking away. As soon as a final growl rippled through the area and it pranced away, Zach pulled me to my feet, helping me clean off the mud and dirt on my back.

"How did you find me?" I inquired, shocked and slightly pissed.

"Yeah, sure," He rolled his eyes. "No thank you for saving your life?" He inquired, as I remained silent, awaiting his answer. Personally, I know those dinosaurs are carnivorous with high aggression levels.

"Thanks." I mumbled. "Now, did you follow me?"

"Technically yes." He shrugged.

"Technically?!" I exclaimed, before he covered my mouth to silence me.

"I was doing my job, making sure the area is okay," He explained. "And I saw you walk out of the zone, so I followed you while making sure everything is okay."

"So, stalking?" I repeated. I didn't really like him right now, so my tone showed a lot of rudeness. I turned around and started making my way through the jungle, not going towards the Aviary, or base camp.

"What's your problem with me?" He followed me. "And why aren't you going towards the camp?"

"If you don't like it, why are you coming with me?" I retorted, stopping in my tracks and facing Zach. He looked at my face, as if scanning me for any source of emotion besides hatred and annoyance.

"Because I'll look after you."

"You know what, fuck off." I swore. "You have no right to say that to me. Mr. 'Oh, I'm breaking up with you for something you talked about once'. You made your decision years ago, and I'm not going to let one action of bravery or courage take the heart you broke, just to let you break it again." I snapped. "So either you walk along with me, be quiet and or helpful or you leave me alone, and don't tell anyone where I went."

"Depends." He sighed. "One last question." He took a breath before letting out a sad smirk. "What are you even looking for?" 

Authors Note: Sorry for such a slow update - i've been getting stuck :( If you have any ideas for next parts or what you want to happen, feel free to message me :-D I would love to get your feedback and hear  your perspectives <3 THANKS SO MUCH FOR READING THIS AND THE LAST BOOK <3