Chapter 7: The Death of Ms. Jacobs

"Nikkie! Nikkie! Whats wrong with you?"

"What? Nathan? Where did you come from? Where Am I?"

She was sitting in a white room that had the shades drawn over the only window, there was a sink and counter on the other side.

"You're in the nurses office, you fell and hit your head hard, a janitor found you in the hall by the library.

"Oh," she tried to sit up but her head was pounding with pain, so she lay back down.

"You need to hold still and be careful, your lucky you didnt get a concussion, now you stay here and rest, I'll come and get you at the end of the day, but whatever you do dont leave ok."

"Ok,"she mumbled and closed her eyes,cuddling up with one of the woolen blankets that was placed over her, 'Nathan probably put it here' she figured.

Nathan bent over and kissed her fore head, "Now stay here love and get some rest, it'll make you feel better".

"Okay" she said with a smile," I love you Nathan".

"I love you too, now sleep."

He smiled at her and closed the door of the room, sinking the room into blackness, the only light that was visible was small streams of it going through the window pane.

She closed her eyes and waited for sleep to come, she was nearly asleep when she heard the door slowly creak open, eyes fully open she gazed around the room, sun was still streaming through the panes and no one appeared in the room, "Nathan?" she called out tentatively, "Is that you?"

She saw a hand shoot out and slam the door shut, she whimpered and crawled across the bed, stretching as far as she could to reach the lightswitch that was on the far side of the room,she was sprawled across the bed half across the floor when she heard something jam up against the door, the loud noise startled her and she let out a quick yelp before crashing to the floor with thud.

Almost immediately after falling she jumped up and slapped at the light, 'Damn,' she thought, 'The lights are off', she jumped up on the bed and flung open the curtains so that the light flushed through the window making the room lighter.

The room was still white as ever, the sinks were still clean and the entire room still smelled like cheap antiseptic.

She rolled onto the floor and snuck a glance underneath the cot she was sleeping on,but therewas nothing but a bunch of first aid supplies and ome athletic tape in large boxes.

Walking over to the door oils hear raspy breathing just outside, this made her gasp, it sunded exactly like the man of her worst nightmares, 'Poor Gladys' she thought sadly, she was going to be murdered for sure and all that Nikkie could do was sit there like a helpless child.

'No, not anymore, I'm tired of being afraid of a man that is more than likely not real', she pushed at the door softly....it didn't budge.

"Dammit,"she said and pushed against it harder, "Dammit!" With every shove her frustration increased, and along with that her power, tears streaming down her face she gave the door a final hefty shove, but it held fast.

Filled with anger and frustration Nikkie kicked the door and screamed "YOU MOTHER FUCKER"!

Finally something fell over with a crash and the door fell in, Nikkie looked at it with a look of terror, someone had trapped her in this room..but who?

She ventured out of the room to see the secretary Ms.Jacobs sitting at her desk as if everything was perfectly normal, she didn't seem to have noticed Nikkie was standing in the entrance of the infirmary.

Nikkie glanced around the room, there was a chair laying on the floor by the door, why had Ms. Jacobs locked her in the room, looking back over at her she saw him.

Seeing him even more clearly than ever she could see he was 6'9" and was completely covered in layers of clothes that looked like they were covered in dirt and grime like they hasntbeen washed in years, not to mention the fact that he smelled like rotting hamburger meat.

Noticing that she was staring at her he flashed a disgusting smile of blackened stubbed teeth.

She felt bile rising in her throat as she suppressed a spew of disgust, he was the most vile and evil looking creature she had ever seen.

He had a large evil grin spread across his face in a sour milk smile as he pulled a foot long meat cleaver out of his pocket, the cleaver was favor sharp and shiney, with the exception of large redish stains covering the blade.

The man stepped closer behind the woman, she was completely unaware of his presence, filing her pretty little nails, no worrys besides her next pay check or whether or not she fed her precious cat that morning.

"Go away", she finally managed to scream,"Get the fuck out of here, you sick son of a bitch!"

This caught Ms.Jacobs attention almost immediately and she turned to Nikkie with an angry look on her face, "What did you just say Missy?"

Nikkie looked at her and then looked back at the man who now had stepped even closer, she couldn't watch him kill, she would end this evil now.

Picking up a chair she ran towards the man full force, but seeing her approach he pulled the cleaver over Ms. Jacobs throat and sliced her neck in half.

Nikkie threw the chair hitting the man squarely in the head and leaving a nasty cut that almost immediately began dripping blood, with a shocked snarl the man ran away with meat cleaver in hand, out the doors and into the parking lot, leaving a trail of shoe prints that left a stain of dirt and blood on the beige colored floors.

Ms. Jacobs was sitting in a heap of cheap flower print dress and blood, her neck was nearly severed in half but hung together by a whitened wind pipe, pieces of flesh hung on either side of the cut and they were dripping with blood, here gasps were coming in tightened fleeting breathes.

She crawled over to her and ms.Jacobs looked up at her, her eyes glossing over from blood deprivation and her mouth open slightly, blood dripping from it.

"Ms. Jacobs are you alright??"

She stared up at Nikkie and shook her head softly, causing more of the flesh to rip apart, which made her cry out in pain.

"Im so sorry Ms. Jacobs I wish this hadn't of happened," Nikkie collapsed into a fit of tears.

Ms. Jacobs looked over at her, beretta glossing more even more, and she said in he last raspy breathes, "Take...care...of.....my...cat....I....love.." and then she was gone, her head going limp and her breath cutting short.

Nikkie stood up, she was dead, absolutely dead, and it was all her fault, she could have warned her better she could have never even imagined that damn man, let alone allowed it to come alive.

Turning to the door she ran as fast as she could out the door, not stopping until she got to a parking curb and tripped, hitting her head squarely on the hard concrete.